Connect with us

Entertainment

Peter Fonda Gets Crushed by Sony Pictures Over His Comment About Barron Trump

Published

on

Earlier this week, legendary actor Peter Fonda decided to go on some sort of odd political rant over Trump’s immigration policies, commenting that the president’s son, Barron, should be “caged with pedophiles.”

Sony Pictures, who is releasing a new film by the actor, has released a statement about Fonda’s tirade and they totally crush him for it. He deserves every single word of this.

Sony Pictures Classics, which will be releasing a movie co-starring Fonda in a matter of days, said in a statement sent to The Daily Caller that Fonda’s comments were “abhorrent, reckless and dangerous” and that “we condemn them completely.” The statement goes on to explain that Fonda has only a “minor role” in the film and the studio will not be pulling it in fairness to the other actors in the ensemble cast. Sony’s full statement:

“Peter Fonda’s comments are abhorrent, reckless and dangerous, and we condemn them completely. It is important to note that Mr. Fonda plays a very minor role in the film. To pull or alter this film at this point would unfairly penalize the filmmaker Shana Feste’s accomplishment, the many actors, crew members and other creative talent that worked hard on the project. We plan to open the film as scheduled this weekend, in a limited release of five theaters.”

take our poll - story continues below

Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?

  • Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Fonda’s manager Alan Somers sent The Daily Caller an apology from Fonda, blaming the vulgar tweet on the images of children on migrant the U.S. border. After the threat against the president’s son, spokeswoman for the first lady Stephanie Grisham told The Daily Caller that the Secret Service has been “notified” of the tweet.

Fonda also tweeted his support for the public caging and rape of DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, saying she should be “pilloried in Lafayette Square naked and whipped by passersby while being filmed for posterity.”

This guy is a real classless human being, isn’t he folks? It truly seems like Fonda snapped and had some sort of mental breakdown that he decided to post publicly for everyone under the sun to see.

Really, if Sony Pictures wants to be consistent, they should pull Fonda’s film and refuse to release it. After all, Roseanne Barr’s show was cancelled for a careless choice of words. Why not Fonda’s film? He’s surely not much of a box office draw these days anyway.

Source: Daily Caller

Entertainment

Crew of Alec Baldwin Film Walked Off Set Over Safety Fears Hours Before Fatality

WHOA!

Published

on

While the fatal shooting of a Hollywood cinematographer has been deemed an accident by those involved, there appears to have been a pattern of negligence on-set, leading up to the incident.

Alec Baldwin last week discharged a “prop” firearm in the direction of crew members on the set of his film “Rust”, and, somehow, a live round had been loaded into the weapon.  The shot killed one member of the production staff and wounded another.

As it turns out, crew members were already concerned about the way in which the weapons were being handled.

The 24-year-old head armorer in charge of guns on the Alec Baldwin film where cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was tragically shot and killed on Thursday had admitted she wasn’t sure she was ready for the job in an interview before filming started.

‘I almost didn’t take the job because I wasn’t sure if I was ready, but doing it, it went really smoothly,’ Hannah Gutierrez-Reed said in a podcast interview last month after leading the firearms department for The Old Way, starring Nicolas Cage – her first time as head armorer.

And that’s not all:

It comes as crew on the film revealed they walked off set hours before the fatal accident over safety fears after firearms were accidentally discharged three times – including once by Baldwin’s stunt double who had been told the gun was not loaded, and twice in a closed cabin.

A search warrant released Friday said that Gutierrez-Reed laid out three prop guns on a cart outside the filming location, and first assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds.

‘Cold gun!’ shouted Halls before handing the gun to Baldwin, using the phrase to signal to cast and crew that the gun was safe to fire for the scene, the warrant said.

take our poll - story continues below

Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?

  • Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The investigation into the incident is ongoing, and there is the potential for someone to be charged in the case still.

While the fatal shooting of a Hollywood cinematographer has been deemed an accident by those involved, there appears to have been a pattern of negligence on-set, leading up to the incident. Alec Baldwin last week discharged a “prop” firearm in the direction of crew members on the set of his film “Rust”, and, somehow, a live round had been loaded into the weapon.  The shot killed one member of the production staff and wounded another. As it turns out, crew members were already concerned about the way in which the weapons were being handled. The 24-year-old head armorer in charge of guns on the Alec Baldwin film where cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was tragically shot and killed on Thursday had admitted she wasn’t sure she was ready for the job in an interview before filming started. ‘I almost didn’t take the job because I wasn’t sure if I was ready, but doing it, it went really smoothly,’ Hannah Gutierrez-Reed said in a podcast interview last month after leading the firearms department for The Old Way, starring Nicolas Cage – her first time as head armorer. And that’s not all: It comes as crew on the film revealed they walked off set hours before the fatal accident over safety fears after firearms were accidentally discharged three times – including once by Baldwin’s stunt double who had been told the gun was not loaded, and twice in a closed cabin. A search warrant released Friday said that Gutierrez-Reed laid out three prop guns on a cart outside the filming location, and first assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds. ‘Cold gun!’ shouted Halls before handing the gun to Baldwin, using the phrase to signal to cast and…

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Alec Baldwin Shoots and Kills Crew Member on Set of Latest Movie

Hollywood experts are stunned.

Published

on

Hollywood was rocked on Thursday after a nigh-unfathomable accident occurred on the set of the latest project from Alec Baldwin, and there are still plenty of questions left unanswered.

It all began when Baldwin discharged a “prop” gun on set, meant to be loaded only with blanks and dummy rounds.

Alec Baldwin allegedly repeatedly asked ‘why was I handed a hot gun?’ after he accidentally shot and killed a female cinematographer and wounded a director yesterday on the set of his new film Rust.

Halyna Hutchins, 42, died shortly after being shot by Baldwin around 1.50pm Thursday at Bonanza Creek Ranch, near the city of Santa Fe in New Mexico. Joel Souza, 48, the film’s director, was also hurt and spent several hours in hospital, but was released later the same evening.

take our poll - story continues below

Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?

  • Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Police have disclosed few details about the shooting, saying only that a ‘projectile’ was fired by a ‘prop gun’ and they are investigating.

At close range, even blanks can be dangerous, but it was not clear why Baldwin was pointing a gun at anyone, period.

Mike Tristano, 60, a Hollywood armorer with 30 years’ experience who spoke to the Dailymail.com, said ultimate responsibility for gun safety on movie set rests with the armorer.

The movie’s armorer or weapons master has not been been named. Sante Fe Sheriff’s Department says it will continue to interview ‘witnesses’ on Friday.

‘There should have been blanks in the gun, the on-set armorer’s job is to check that before handing the weapon over,’ Tristan said.

‘They then make sure that the actor stands on a mark and never points the gun at the crew or cast… the editing makes it seem like they were pointing at their co-actor.

‘That’s why everyone in the industry is very confused. How this happened is a total mystery at the moment.’

Baldwin has not been charged with a crime at this time, but the investigation is still ongoing.

Hollywood was rocked on Thursday after a nigh-unfathomable accident occurred on the set of the latest project from Alec Baldwin, and there are still plenty of questions left unanswered. It all began when Baldwin discharged a “prop” gun on set, meant to be loaded only with blanks and dummy rounds. Alec Baldwin allegedly repeatedly asked ‘why was I handed a hot gun?’ after he accidentally shot and killed a female cinematographer and wounded a director yesterday on the set of his new film Rust. Halyna Hutchins, 42, died shortly after being shot by Baldwin around 1.50pm Thursday at Bonanza Creek Ranch, near the city of Santa Fe in New Mexico. Joel Souza, 48, the film’s director, was also hurt and spent several hours in hospital, but was released later the same evening. Police have disclosed few details about the shooting, saying only that a ‘projectile’ was fired by a ‘prop gun’ and they are investigating. At close range, even blanks can be dangerous, but it was not clear why Baldwin was pointing a gun at anyone, period. Mike Tristano, 60, a Hollywood armorer with 30 years’ experience who spoke to the Dailymail.com, said ultimate responsibility for gun safety on movie set rests with the armorer. The movie’s armorer or weapons master has not been been named. Sante Fe Sheriff’s Department says it will continue to interview ‘witnesses’ on Friday. ‘There should have been blanks in the gun, the on-set armorer’s job is to check that before handing the weapon over,’ Tristan said. ‘They then make sure that the actor stands on a mark and never points the gun at the crew or cast… the editing makes it seem like they were pointing at their co-actor. ‘That’s why everyone in the industry is very confused. How this happened is a total mystery…

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week