Connect with us

News

Report: Federal Stockpile of Respiratory Masks Were Depleted Under Obama, Never Replenished

Another big potential stain on the record…

John Salvatore

Published

on

Even though Barack Hussein Obama has been out of the White House since 11:59am on January 20, 2017, his policies still greatly affect the American people on a daily basis.

If this new report on respiratory masks being depleted and not restocked during the Obama era is true, it will only further demonstrate his ineptness as president.

From Washington Examiner:

Trending: PLAYING GOD: Human-Animal Hybrid Embryos Created in California Lab

The national shortage of N95 respirator masks can be traced back to 2009 after the H1N1 swine flu pandemic, when the Obama administration was advised to replenish a national stockpile but did not, according to reports from Bloomberg News and the Los Angeles Times.

take our poll - story continues below

Is the Biden Administration Destroying Our Constitution?

  • Is the Biden Administration Destroying Our Constitution?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The Trump administration is scrambling to replenish a stockpile of protective medical gear for healthcare workers and patients as the coronavirus sweeps across the nation. N95 respirator masks are one of the most needed medical supplies amid the outbreak.

CONTINUED:

The George W. Bush administration published the National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza plan in 2005, which called on the federal government to distribute medical supplies from the Strategic National Stockpile governed by the Health and Human Services Department in the event of an outbreak.

In 2009, the H1N1 outbreak hit the United States, leading to 274,304 hospitalizations, 12,469 deaths, and a depletion of N95 respirator masks.

Here’s more COVID-19 randomness, via Twitter…

News

Biden to Let More than 1.2 Million Illegals Into the Country This Year

According to a recent analysis, Biden’s disastrous border policy will have sent 1.2 million illegals to the U.S. border in this year alone.

Published

on

According to a recent analysis, Biden’s disastrous border policy will have sent 1.2 million illegals to the U.S. border in this year alone. Princeton Policy Advisor Steven Kopits says that the numbers at the border will surge to the huge number this year according to his estimate. This massive flood of illegals is a result of Joe Biden’s dangerous border policy. The Kopits analysis comes in conjunction with a report by U.S. immigration officials of the arrest of roughly 170,000 illegal border crossers. More than 18,600 unaccompanied children, 53,000 family units, and 97,000 single adults are included in the numbers. “At the current pace, apprehensions for calendar year 2021 could be forecast at 1.2 million, following the precedents of 2005 and 2006,” Kopits stated. As a result, barring a major modification of Biden administration policy, we might expect a level of illegal immigration this year not seen since the Great Recession. The situation is fairly described as a border crisis and a rolling policy disaster. [Emphasis added] As Breitbart News reported: An AP-NORC poll released late last month revealed that the majority of Americans disapprove of the way Biden is handling the southern border and interior immigration enforcement. About 55 percent of American adults said they disapprove of Biden’s border agenda. and 56 percent said they disapprove of his immigration agenda thus far. Joe Biden fully intends to destroy this country by flooding the U.S. with criminal illegals filled with diseases and completely without skills in order to become good little Democrat voters who will continue to put Democrats in office to keep the flow of welfare coming. Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

News

PLAYING GOD: Human-Animal Hybrid Embryos Created in California Lab

The ethical concerns here are rather obvious.

Published

on

It may seem like the plot from some sci-fi thriller, but we assure you, it is very, very real. Science, like most other fields of study, has long required its practitioners to push the envelope.  That is the nature of the beast when it comes to innovation, but we must also temper that need for progress with some logic and rationale. Much like Jeff Goldblum’s character laments in the film Jurassic Park, just because you can do something, doesn’t mean that you should. That is why the latest news out of California is so jarring. For the first time, scientists have created embryos that are a mix of human and monkey cells. The embryos, described Thursday in the journal Cell, were created in part to try to find new ways to produce organs for people who need transplants, said the international team of scientists who collaborated in the work. But the research raises a variety of concerns. “My first question is: Why?” said Kirstin Matthews, a fellow for science and technology at Rice University’s Baker Institute. “I think the public is going to be concerned, and I am as well, that we’re just kind of pushing forward with science without having a proper conversation about what we should or should not do.” Scientists are defending the controversial decision, however, and doing so sternly. “This is one of the major problems in medicine — organ transplantation,” said Juan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte, a professor in the Gene Expression Laboratory of the Salk Institute for Biological Sciences in La Jolla, Calif., and a co-author of the Cell study. “The demand for that is much higher than the supply.” “I don’t see this type of research being ethically problematic,” said Insoo Hyun, a bioethicist at Case Western Reserve University and Harvard University. “It’s aimed at lofty humanitarian…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week