Connect with us

News

Rex Responds to Haley’s Accusation of Going Against Trump: She Was ‘Rarely A Participant’

This is getting ugly…

John Salvatore

Published

on

Former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley has a new book coming out. In order to sell copies, she’s promoting it. No shock there. But haley dropped some pretty big bombshells against Rex Tillerson and John Kelly.

Haley claims the former secretary of state and White House chief of staff told her to oppose President Trump to “save the country.” Now, Rex has responded.

From The Hill:

Trending: BLM Goes Into Target, Demands the Store Stop Calling Police On Black Shoplifters (Videos)

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Monday adamantly denied claims from former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley that he worked to undermine President Trump’s agenda.

take our poll - story continues below

Trump or Biden, who will win?

  • Why wait until November 3? Show all of America who you're voting for in 2020  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“During my service to our country as the Secretary of State, at no time did I, nor to my direct knowledge did anyone else serving along with me, take any actions to undermine the President,” Tillerson told The Washington Post in a statement. “My conversations with the President in the privacy of the Oval Office were always candid, frank, and my recommendations straightforward. Once the President made a decision, we at the State Department undertook our best efforts to implement that decision.”

[…]

Tillerson, who served as secretary of State during Trump’s first year in the White House, added that Haley was “rarely a participant” in the many meetings he had with the president and that she wouldn’t be in a position to know what he said.

In an interview last December, Rex went after Trump pretty hard.

Tillerson said “He acts on his instincts and some respects that looks like impulsiveness. But it’s not intent to act on impulse. I think he’s trying to act on his instincts.

He added, “It was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented ExxonMobil Corporation to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t — doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t — doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things but rather just kind of says, look, this is what I believe and you can try to convince me otherwise, but most of the time you’re not going to do that.

Rex continued, “When the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ and I’d have to say to him, ‘Well, Mr. President, I understand what you want to do but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law, it violates the treaty, you know.’

He went on, “I didn’t know how to conduct my affairs with him any other way than in a very straightforward fashion. And I think he grew tired of me being the guy every day that told him, ‘You can’t do that, and let’s talk about what we can do.’

Rex also said Trump won in 2016 because voters were “disengaged” on important issues.

Rex noted, “I will be honest with you, it troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues that they are satisfied with a 128 characters. I don’t want that to come across as a criticism of him. It’s really a concern that I have about us as Americans and us as a society and us as citizens.

As you’d expect, Trump fired back at “lazy” and “dumb as a rock” Tillerson…

Save conservative media!

News

New Report Reveals Ohio Democratic Party Received $300K In Federal Coronavirus Relief Loan

Published

on

The whole point of the Paycheck Protection Program that was put together earlier this year at the beginning of the lockdowns put in place due to the coronavirus was supposed to provide relief for small businesses who would be left devastated by the sudden and massive loss of income that would come about as a result of these safety measures. However, it seems the Ohio Democratic Party received a sizable chunk of cash to keep them going too. Now that doesn’t seem right, does it? via The Washington Examiner: Campaign finance reports show that the loan, amounting to $333,867, was approved by the U.S. Small Business Administration on April 30, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer. In May, a tweet critical of the Trump administration’s program was posted on the group’s official Twitter account. “With so many small businesses shut out from receiving PPP loans ⁠— while nearly 300 publicly traded companies received more than $1 billion from the program⁠ — local governments across Ohio are stepping up to help small businesses, which are often the center of their communities,” the tweet read. https://twitter.com/OHDems/status/1262735869628297217 A spokeswoman for the party came out and actually attempted to defend their receiving the federal funds by saying 20 jobs were saved. “The purpose of the Paycheck Protection Program is to help organizations cover payroll and benefits, and that’s precisely what it has been used for ⁠— to ensure our entire team continued to work and earn a paycheck and retain their health coverage during an unprecedented public health crisis,” Kirstin Alvanitakis said. The Ohio Republican Party slammed the Democrats for taking the money. Evan Machan, the Ohio GOP spokesman, said, “We did not need to apply for these funds. Under the leadership of Chairman Timken, our financial situation is strong, and we were never at…

Continue Reading

News

Trump’s Campaign Developing New Strategy To Draw Big Crowds To Rallies; ‘Can’t Have Repeat Of Tulsa’

Published

on

President Trump’s rally that was held in Tulsa, Oklahoma was super hyped up by media outlets across the Internet with expectations of crowd attendance being astronomically high. As it turns out, not many folks actually showed up to the event, something that deflated Trump’s campaign a bit and has now prompted them to change direction. The new strategy the campaign is looking to employ includes increased safety measures to make folks feel comfortable enough to attend the event, as many believe fear of the coronavirus prevented many individuals from attending the Tulsa rally. Here’s more on this from The Washington Examiner: “We can’t have a repeat of Tulsa,” a campaign official told NBC News, referring to Trump’s upcoming rally in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, this Saturday. The president’s rallies resume as many states grapple with upticks in coronavirus cases, prompting state and local leadership to halt reopenings and introduce new public health orders to prevent the spread of the virus. Unlike the indoor venue the campaign chose for its Tulsa rally, the president will make his appearance in an open-air airport tarmac hangar this weekend. Health experts have said outdoor events are less risky than large gatherings indoors, but also stress that the virus can still be spread. An official from the White House noted that Trump understands that people may not come out the way they did in 2016 due to fears over catching COVID-19. When the rally was held in Tulsa, masks were offered to those who showed up to the event, but many of them didn’t bother to wear them. Several staffers and a couple of prominent attendees ended up testing positive for the coronavirus. Masks are apparently going to be strongly encouraged at the New Hampshire rally, though the campaign said they will not be mandated.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

 
Send this to a friend