Connect with us

News

Ricky Gervais Drops Controversial Joke About Weinstein Sex Scandal At Golden Globes

Published

on

While just about everyone is talking about Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais’s opening monologue which totally eviscerated Hollywood political correctness and made more than a few of the hypocritical elite in the crowd uncomfortable, one of the biggest stingers to be dropped came toward the end of the program.

Gervais scorched Hollywood again over how everyone turned a blind eye to allegations of sexual assault leveled against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.

This is brutal and hilarious at the same time.

Trending: Marxist Privilege

via Washington Examiner:

take our poll - story continues below

Is the Biden Administration Destroying Our Constitution?

  • Is the Biden Administration Destroying Our Constitution?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“Last one, last one, come on guys,” said Gervais. “Our next presenter starred in Netflix’s Bird Box, a movie where people survive by acting like they don’t see a thing … sort of like working for Harvey Weinstein.”

The audience gasped and some clapped before Gervais turned his frustration toward the crowd.

“You did, I didn’t, you did it! F— off,” Gervais, 58, responded.

Weinstein’s trial begins today as he faces two accusers in a landmark case. Mimi Haleyi claims Weinstein gave her oral sex against her wishes, and the second accuser, who remains anonymous, says Weinstein raped her in 2013.

Earlier in the evening, Gervais gave celebrities a tongue lashing in advance for using their time at the podium for political purposes, noting that the Hollywood elite “know nothing about the real world,” and “spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.”

And let’s not forget about the little gem where Gervais said, “if ISIS started a streaming service, you would call your agent.”

Rough night for Hollywood liberals.

News

Charges Announced in the Death of Daunte Wright

The charges may not appease protesters, however.

Published

on

As Minneapolis and her suburbs contuse to grapple with violence and looting in the aftermath of the death of Daunte Wright, officials on Wednesday announced charges against the officer involved in the case. Wright was shot and killed several days ago in an incident that was described as “accidental” by the police chief of Brooklyn Center, a suburb of Minneapolis where, coincidentally, the trial of Derek Chauvin, the police officer involved in the death of George Floyd, is currently ongoing. Now it appears as though another trial will be coming to the greater Minneapolis area in the coming months. Local prosecutors in Minnesota on Wednesday are expected to charge former Brooklyn Center Police Officer Kim Potter with second-degree manslaughter in the death of 20-year-old Daunte Wright, as civil unrest has persisted for three consecutive nights, with demonstrations spilling into Minneapolis. Washington County Attorney Pete Orput is expected to announce the second-degree manslaughter charge later Wednesday. Orput did not immediately return a voicemail left by Fox News on Wednesday. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison, according to The Associated Press. The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, KSTP and Minnesota Public Radio all reported Orput’s expected charging announcement. Potter is believed to have been reaching for her taser when she accidentally brandished her service pistol instead, striking and killing Wright with one projectile, while expressing her disbelief as seen and heard on body cam footage.

Continue Reading

News

Despite Travel Warning, MI Health Official Visits Popular Spring Break Spot

And it’s not the first time that Michigan officials have been caught flouting their own guidance.

Published

on

While we may be nearing the end, or at least the beginning of the end of the coronavirus pandemic, there are still some pockets of the nation where trouble remains high.  Michigan just happens to be one of those places. This, despite the draconian lockdowns imposed by controversial Governor Gretchen Whitmer, who has been the target of a number of harsh criticisms over her handling of the pandemic. Now, in what some seem to believe could be a brazen flouting of their own advice, one top health official in the state has jetted off to a popular spring break destination while Michigan itself remains under a travel advisory. Michigan’s new health director traveled to Alabama last week shortly after Gov. Gretchen Whitmer discouraged residents from traveling as the state leads the nation in the highest number of new coronavirus cases, a local news service first reported this week. Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Director Elizabeth Hertel was in Gulf Shores, Ala., according to the Michigan Information & Research Service. Gulf Shores is a popular resort destination along the Gulf of Mexico. A DHHS spokesperson told Fox News the agency does not “discuss the director’s personal schedule.” The locals were not amused. “The sheer brazenness of Gov. Whitmer and her staff is truly something else,” Michigan GOP spokesman Ted Goodman told Fox News. “The fact that our Governor and her top staff think it’s appropriate to travel out of state on vacation as Michigan faces the worst COVID numbers of any state in the country just reveals the arrogance and condescending nature of this administration. Whitmer’s position on the draconian lockdown orders is simple — rules for thee, but not for me.” This isn’t the first time that Michigan officials have been caught ignoring their own advice, with Governor Whitmer’s…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week