Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

News

Roseanne Breaks Silence on Twitter Controversy Hours After it Happens, Here’s What She Said

This situation is really bad.

Published

on

On Tuesday, Roseanne Barr took to Twitter to share her displeasure with former White House adviser Valerie Jarrett, posting a tweet that was so highly offensive and deemed racist that ABC ended up cancelling the second season of her show.

But that wasn’t all.

Barr’s agency dropped her as a client, her co-stars released statements condemning her behavior, and other networks where the earlier seasons of her show were in syndication have removed it from their programming block.

take our poll - story continues below

Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the wall?

  • Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the wall?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Trending: NEVER FORGET: Bernie Was Asked to Leave Hippie Commune for Refusing to Work

Later in the evening, Barr came back to Twitter and responded to some of the controversy, but unfortunately, it seems like she might have made things a little bit worse for herself in the end.

Her “joke” about Jarrett being the love child of the Muslim Brotherhood and “Planet of the Apes” set off an uproar denouncing the comedian for allegedly being racist. Barr followed with apologies to Clinton and explained that her Jarrett comments were a joke.

But after the show’s consulting producer, Wanda Sykes, announced she would not be returning to the ABC show’s second season following Barr’s comments, and the backlash continued, ABC announced Tuesday afternoon that it was cancelling the show.

“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said in a statement.

After the fallout on Tuesday night, Barr took to Twitter again to explain that she thought Jarrett was Saudi, not black.

Roseanne also went on to stat that what she did was “unforgivable” and “indefensible” and asked her fans not to defend her actions. The actress went on to say she had been taking Ambien and seemed to point to that playing some sort of significant factor in her actions.

While what Roseanne did is truly indefensible, horrid, and just plain awful, there’s a serious problem with the response given by ABC. The problem isn’t that they cancelled her show, which many agree was the right thing to do.

No, the problem is the inconsistency within ABC’s standards. Plenty of their other programming has folks making fun of white people, yet those shows are still on the air with no issues. HBO didn’t fire Bill Maher for using a racial slur. That hardly seems fair.

It seems that as long as you’re a liberal, you can get away with egregious behavior, simply because you believe the right things. This is unacceptable.

Here are some views from others on Twitter who agree with this sentiment:

The basic takeaway from all of this is that there is a deep need for consistency in how folks are treated based on the things they say.

ABC, as a private company, has every right to decide what kind of language and speech they want associated with their brand. Roseanne’s comment is not in line with those values and thus she paid the consequences for it.

Remember, free speech is about not having your expression limited by the government. A private company can do whatever it wishes.

Just because you can say what you want doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences.

Source: BizPacReview

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

News

REPORT: AOC’s Chief of Staff Was Hired After Funneling Money Through Her Boyfriend

Here we go…

John Salvatore

Published

on

This report is absolutely wild.

It is also entirely believable given the way Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez attempts to skirt the truth.

Apparently, AOC’s chief of staff, Saikat Chakrabarti, was given his position on Alexandria’s staff after funneling cash for her campaign through her boyfriend, Riley Roberts.

take our poll - story continues below

Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the wall?

  • Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the wall?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Check it out…

“A rich guy used a PAC to pay @AOC’s boyfriend $6,000 when her campaign was running out of money. After AOC won, she gave that rich guy a job in her office. Follow me on a journey,” author Luke Thompson said.

“Last week, @AOC and her Chief of Staff @saikatc (the rich guy in question) freaked out on me when I pointed out it looked like she’d hired her boyfriend. I did some digging in the FEC. Turns out Saikat has “hired” her boyfriend, before…just not to do any actual work,” he said.

[email protected] paid Brand New Congress LLC, which @saikatc owns, for strategic consulting. @BrandNew535, the PAC Saikat ran in parallel to his LLC, turned around and paid Riley Roberts – the boyfriend – the same amount as its sole “marketing consultant”. How swampy,” he said.

“The payments to Roberts are the largest payments made by @BrandNew535 to any person or group other than Brand New Congress LLC. Oh, and Roberts doesn’t work in marketing,” Thompson said.

https://twitter.com/ltthompso/status/1098217840862220289/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1098217842477015043&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthefederalistpapers.org%2Fopinion%2Focasio-cortez-caught-red-handed-helping-ton-money-get-funneled-boyfriend

More from Medium:

A quick tour through AOC’s campaign expenditures reveals the extent to which Brand New Congress midwifed her campaign into existence, precisely as the FAQ described above would have it. But AOC’s campaign was different from the others backed by Brand New Congress PAC, and not simply because she won. Like other candidates, AOC paid Brand New Congress LLC for strategic consulting, in her case totaling $18,880.14. Unlike in the other cases, Brand New Congress PAC turned around and paid her boyfriend as a “marketing consultant”.

Indeed, while Brand New Congress PAC’s ten largest expenditures were paid to Brand New Congress LLC for “strategic consulting,” a sum that totaled $261,165.20 over the course of the campaign, its eleventh and twelfth largest expenditures were paid to Riley Roberts.

Brand New Congress PAC paid Roberts $3,000 on August 9th:

Eighteen days later, AOC’s campaign paid Brand New Congress LLC $6,191.32:

A month later Brand New Congress PAC then turned around and paid Riley Roberts another $3,000.

Ocasio-Cortez’s chief of staff is a supporter of a man who was an “ally of Adolf Hitler.”

Check it out, per Liberty Nation:

-Bose was an ally of Adolf Hitler and met with him personally in 1942.

-Bose founded the Free India Legion (FIL) made up of troops captured by Nazi Field Marshal Rommel’s Afrika Korps.

-The FIL swore an oath to Hitler and was under SS command.

-Bose teamed up with the Japanese in 1943.

-Bose was an admirer of the USSR and sought to implement its authoritarian practices in India.

Stay tuned for more on this story…

Continue Reading

News

Chicago Police RUIN Jussie Smollett’s Day, Officially Charge Him With Felony [Details]

He’s toast!

John Salvatore

Published

on

Things just went from bad to worse for “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett.

After being caught orchestrating a hate crime against himself and lying about it on national TV during an interview with Robin Roberts, Jussie has now been declared a “suspect” by the Chicago Police Department.

From Daily Wire:

take our poll - story continues below

Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the wall?

  • Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the wall?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Chicago law enforcement officials have officially declared actor Jussie Smollett to be a suspect in a criminal investigation on Wednesday for allegedly committing the felonious act of filing a false police report.

Chicago Police Chief Communications Officer Anthony Guglielmi tweeted: “Case Update: Jussie Smollett is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation by #ChicagoPolice for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony). Detectives are currently presenting evidence before a Cook County Grand Jury.”

Smollett has also officially been charged with a felony:

Check this out:

In 2007, Smollett “provided false information” to police after receiving a DUI.

From Daily Wire:

Jussie Smollett pleaded no contest to DUI, driving without a license, and providing false information to law enforcement officials in 2007, according to new reports released on Tuesday.

“Tuesday the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office confirmed that in August of 2007 Smollett pleaded no contest to DUI, driving without a license and providing false information to law enforcement,” CBS Chicago reported. “He was sentenced to two years probation and a choice of a fine or jail. Officials at the office could not confirm which Smollett chose. A spokesman for the Chicago Police Department said the department was already aware of the plea.”

This latest revelation follows several significant developments over the last few days, and could end up impacting how prosecutors handle potential false report charges.

Senators Kamala Harris (CA) and Cory Booker (NJ) are both running for president. The chances that either person secures the Democrat nomination are slim, at best.

After hearing that Empire actor Jussie Smollett was the “victim” of a “hate crime,” both Booker and Harris rushed to slam the “attack” as a “modern day lynching.”

Of course, the country now knows that Smollett faked the attack and paid two brothers to orchestrate the whole thing.

Now, Harris is at a loss for words when confronted by a reporter asking about Smollett:

WATCH:

Check out Booker:

Jussie said he was baffled that people didn’t believe him. Apparently, he’s just not that good of an actor, huh?

If Smollett was being written off the show prior to this insane “hate crime,” what will happen to him now?

Will social justice warriors voice their support? Will he maybe get his own spinoff?

How about Smollett pays for his crime and serves his time? That seems like the most appropriate response.

Don’t hold your breath waiting for lefties to say they were sorry for jumping on the Jussie bandwagon, though.

They’ll hold strong togetther and attempt to steer the conversation toward “racism in America.” They’ll make it seem as if Smollett is the true victim.

Count on it.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

Send this to a friend