Connect with us

News

Ross Perot’s Final Political Act Will Put A Smile On Every Trump Supporter’s Face Across America

Awesome.

Published

on

Billionaire Ross Perot passed away from leukemia on Tuesday, but it seems that his one final political act will definitely endear him in the hearts of every Trump supporter across the country.

Apparently, during the height of his battle with this destructive form of cancer in March, Perot wrote out two check for President Trump’s re-election campaign in the legal maximum amount of $2,700.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what a patriot looks like.

Trending: Fake-News-O-Matic

via TheBlaze:

take our poll - story continues below
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

One check will benefit Trump in the primary cycle, while the other will go toward Trump’s general election campaign. Federal election law restricts individual political donations to $5,400 per election year.

Perot, a business magnate who lost his independent campaigns for president in 1992 and 1996, is thought of as Trump’s populist predecessor who paved the road for Trump’s successful campaign in 2016.

Both businessmen employed similar bombastic campaign strategies, including a focus on a nationalistic agenda and leveraging the media to boost their campaigns. The only difference? Perot ran as a third-party candidate, while Trump used the Republican Party to win the White House.

“If Donald Trump is the kind of Jesus of the disenchanted, displaced non-college white voter, then Perot was the John the Baptist of that sort of movement,” Democratic strategist James Carville quipped in 2016, the Globe noted.

Perot didn’t come out in support of Trump in 2016, but then again, he didn’t voice any support for any candidate, so that really doesn’t mean anything. The last candidate to receive his support was Mitt Romney in both 2008 and 2012.

Perot was a man who proved that you didn’t have to be a career politician in order to have a massive impact on the political landscape of the entire country, and also showcased that an independent candidate, using the correct strategies, could indeed beat the two-party system, if the rest of the country was ready for it, that is.

At that time it wasn’t, but it seems that might be changing. We’ll have to wait and see.

Save conservative media!

News

Mnuchin To Request More Funds From Congress If Small Businesses Use Up $350B In Forgivable Loans

Published

on

Treasure Secretary Steven Mnuchin stated on Wednesday that should small businesses use up all of the $350 billion in loans to be administered by the Small Business Association to help keep them afloat during the social distancing measures being taken to contain the coronavirus. Here’s more on this from Washington Examiner: “One of the things I’ve heard is this small business program is going to be so popular that we’re going to run out of the $350 billion. If that’s the case, I can assure you that will be at the top of the list for me to go back to Congress on,” he told CNBC. The relief bill provides $350 billion to small businesses and other entities with zero-fee loans of up to $10 million to help cover payroll. These loans are available to businesses with 500 employees or less. The loans are forgivable to the extent that they are used to maintain payroll and pay other overhead. The loans are expected to be disbursed on a first-come-first-serve basis. Outside economists have said that the $350 billion allocation is much less than will be needed by small businesses looking to retain their workers. Earlier this week, Mnuchin stated that the loans included in the coronavirus relief package past last week would be available this Friday. Mnuchin spoke with Fox Business saying, “I’ve said these loans will be available starting on Friday, which will be at lightning speed. We hope later today that we’ll be releasing the documents and the instructions.” The coronavirus is continuing to wreak havoc on the United States as the death toll from the virus hits 4,000, which takes our numbers higher than those of China where the illness originated from.

Continue Reading

News

Devin Nunes Says School Closures Over Coronavirus Are ‘Way Overkill’

Published

on

When it comes to discussions about safety measures taken to manage the spread of the coronavirus, there seems to be two camps. One camp doesn’t think this virus is all that big of a deal and we ought to just get back to living life as normal with no concern for the seriousness of the matter. The other camp freaks out and thinks everything under the sun must be banned and shutdown for the next few years — or so it seems — until the virus goes away. Both are extremes, and funny enough, both are extremely stupid. It seems that Rep. Devin Nunes, a Republican, falls into the first camp. Nunes recently came out and said that school closures over the virus are “way overkill.” Keep in mind, the virus has now killed 4,000 Americans, which is 700 more than the Chinese total of fatalities (if they are actually reporting their numbers accurately). Here’s more from The Washington Examiner: As they discussed former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Scott Gottlieb’s public health plan for how to combat the virus, Ingraham claimed it would mean people “can’t go back to a normal life” for 12 months. “Yeah, that’s not going to work. … The schools were just canceled out here in California, which is way overkill,” Nunes responded. “It’s possible kids could’ve went back to school in two weeks to four weeks, but they just canceled the rest of the schools. So, look: I’m optimistic here.” “If we don’t start to get people back to work in this country over the next week to two weeks, I don’t believe we can wait until, you know, the end of April. I just don’t know of any economy that’s ever survived where you unplug the entire economy and expect things to go…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

 
Send this to a friend