1) McCarthy won on 15th ballot to become Speaker of the House
1A) Next step is voting on the rules
2) Biden visited the border in El Paso over the weekend. Too little too late.
He did not even have the decency to invite the Governor of Texas Greg Abbott who was forced to pen a letter to Biden.
2B) Florida Governor Ron DeSantis deploys the Florida National Guard as migrant come to the Keys
3) Biden appears to be planning to run in 2024 despite a 42% approval rating
4) Democratic Senator Debbie Stabenow announces her retirement as she will not seek re-election for a 5th term.
5) Georgia Grand Jury completes Trump work, issues a report and is disbanded. They had no power to prosecute but can recommend action for another grand jury.
6) In Economic news, Goldman Sachs to lay off 3,200 employees
6A) 7,000 nurses strike in NYC over pay and support
7) Massive protests rock Brazil capital.
8) NFL Play-off picture is settled and Demar Hamlin continues his remarkable improvement.