1) 217 – 205 with 13 races not called. Democrats lead in 9 and Republicans in 4.
1A) Republicans meet today to to elect speaker designate. Kevin McCarthy against Andy Biggs
1B) Republicans need to figure out Mail in Voting. Florida they did. Elsewhere no so much.
2) Katie Hobbs defeats Kari Lake 50.4 to 49.6. Hobbs refused to debate.
3) Trump to make announcement tonight. He is upside down by 36 points among Independents.
Joe and Mark discuss pros and cons
4) LA Mayors race, Karen Bass leads Rick Caruso by 52-48 or 29K votes. He spent $100M.
She campaigned on abortion even though it is not a local issue in LA or CA.
She was a crime victim of burglary earlier this year and rarely discussed crime or homelessness.
What does this tell us?
5) Biden at 42% Approval post election
6) Core Producer Price Index smaller than expected as a possible indication of cooling inflation. It is still at 8%.
7) Biden Administration forces out Radical Border Commissioner Chris Mangus. Scapegoat.
8) Russian missile strikes hit residential buildings in Ukraine cities
9) Iran Parliament votes to execute 15K protesters