Connect with us

Wire

School Board Has Blood-Boiling Response When Father Breaks Down Asking About Daughter’s Sexual Assault

Western Journal

Published

on

Virginia schools continue to face issues with sexual assault cover-ups and denials. In Prince William County, one father brought up the issue after his daughter was assaulted, but the school board was silent.

Jeff Darr stood up at a school board meeting on Wednesday and informed the members that his 13-year-old daughter had been assaulted.

“I was wondering if you all could explain to me how the policies and procedures are for the administrators to handle that situation,” Darr said in the school board meeting.

He was met with silence from the board members.

“Does anybody have any answers?” Darr asked again.

Babur Lateef, chairman at-large of the school board, finally answered by telling him that “we typically don’t go and have a back-and-forth here” and that he should address the board via email or make an appointment.

Darr said he didn’t understand.

“So where do you find the rules and regulations at?” he said, again asking where administrators could find the correct procedures for handling sexual assaults in school.

In response, he was told to step aside and someone would address his questions. Meanwhile, a security officer approached him and appeared to put his arm on Darr’s back.

But the father said he wanted to make this public so that everyone could be informed and that was why he showed up for the school board meeting.

“So, we won’t be answering you, but you can certainly keep asking,” Lateef said.



Darr asked again for the definition of sexual assault.

“I want to know the school’s definition of sexual assault, because my daughter was told … that if it’s above the clothes, it’s not sexual assault,” Darr said, as he got choked up.

“And that’s the way the county does the kids here? It’s messed up,” he said.

“That’s my daughter, and no one wants to do nothing about it. Suspend a boy for one day for improper touching, and I don’t think that’s right,” Darr said. “So somebody needs to do something. Somebody needs to look into the matter and do something.”

He added, “I’m pretty sure if it’s happened to her, it’s happened to plenty of children here. It’s ridiculous.”

WTTG -TV followed up by reaching out to the Prince William County Police Department, which said it was aware of a sexual assault that happened in November during a Hylton High School field trip.

The department said that a “thorough police investigation was conducted into the accusation.”

Diana Gulotta, the director of communications for Prince William County Schools, released a statement Friday, according to WTTG.

“PWCS takes any act of sexual assault or violence seriously and such acts will not be tolerated,” she said. “PWCS has specific procedures and highly trained personnel to assist students and parents in resolving claims that involve certain forms of unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature as required by Title IX, a federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex.

“School administration learned of this incident on the day it is alleged to have occurred and notified law enforcement. The PWCS Title IX office has taken action to investigate the allegations and to offer supportive measures consistent with legal requirements.

Do you think the school board's response was appropriate?

“That process is still ongoing. For student privacy reasons, we cannot share information about the alleged incident, the investigation, or any findings, discipline or other actions that may result. PWCS administrators are working with the family of the complainant to respond to their concerns.”

Throughout the past several months, other sexual assaults in Virginia schools have come to light. Loudoun County schools were widely criticized over the gross mishandling of assaults perpetrated by a 15-year-old student.

Darr’s public questioning of the school board was very reasonable, but he was brushed aside. This should be causing serious concern for all parents with children in Prince William County schools.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Wire

Army Reveals New Weapon Intended to Become Standard-Issue Rifle in Combat Force

Western Journal

Published

on

The Army has revealed the weapon intended to replace the M4 carbine in front-line combat units.

The branch announced a 10-year, $20.4- million contract to Sig Sauer to produce two weapons it’s calling the next-generation squad weapons at the end of April, according to a U.S. Army Public Affairs press release.

The weapons are the XM5 rifle and the XM250 automatic rifle. The former is intended for individual soldiers, and the latter is intended as a replacement for squad automatic weapons like the M249 light machine gun.

The weapons are being supplied to combat arms across the branch, with the branch planning on eventual widespread distribution. If the weapon is adopted across the Army, it would be the most dramatic change to the branch’s standard weapon since the Vietnam War.

The M16 became the first assault rifle in US military use during that conflict, with the M4 carbine entering service as a shortened version of the rifle in the following decades.

The two weapons will fire a bigger bullet than their predecessors. Both are chambered for 6.8-millimeter rounds, rather than the 5.56 of the M4 and M429.

The new round is thought to be more lethal against a foe who is wearing body armor.

The military is gradually retooling for more conventional wars against state opponents, as opposed to the Global War on Terror against irregular Islamic terrorist forces.

The weapon has some visual similarities to the AR family of weapons used by both American civilians and service members, and some crucial differences.

The rifle has a charging handle like the AR-15, but its bolt catch is different.

“Both weapons provide significant capability improvements in accuracy, range and overall lethality,” said the Army’s statement in announcing the contract.

“They are lightweight, fire more lethal ammunition, mitigate recoil, provide improved barrel performance, and include integrated muzzle sound and flash reduction.”

The weapons are designed for use with the XM157 Fire Control system, a tool that will integrate a variable optic, a laser rangefinder and a ballistic calculator.

Widespread adoption of the XM5 rifle isn’t assured at this stage of its development, with the performance of the weapon likely to determine whether it becomes the Army’s standard-issue rifle.

Colonel Scott Madore, who oversaw testing of the XM5 against competing rifles, said that service members tested the weapon for 20,000 hours to gauge its utility.

There’s no indication that a civilian version of the XM5 is in commercial development, although it’s likely a semi-automatic version will end up in gun stores if the rifle proves effective and reliable.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

The Army has revealed the weapon intended to replace the M4 carbine in front-line combat units. The branch announced a 10-year, $20.4- million contract to Sig Sauer to produce two weapons it’s calling the next-generation squad weapons at the end of April, according to a U.S. Army Public Affairs press release. The weapons are the XM5 rifle and the XM250 automatic rifle. The former is intended for individual soldiers, and the latter is intended as a replacement for squad automatic weapons like the M249 light machine gun. The weapons are being supplied to combat arms across the branch, with the branch planning on eventual widespread distribution. If the weapon is adopted across the Army, it would be the most dramatic change to the branch’s standard weapon since the Vietnam War. The M16 became the first assault rifle in US military use during that conflict, with the M4 carbine entering service as a shortened version of the rifle in the following decades. The two weapons will fire a bigger bullet than their predecessors. Both are chambered for 6.8-millimeter rounds, rather than the 5.56 of the M4 and M429. The new round is thought to be more lethal against a foe who is wearing body armor. The military is gradually retooling for more conventional wars against state opponents, as opposed to the Global War on Terror against irregular Islamic terrorist forces. The weapon has some visual similarities to the AR family of weapons used by both American civilians and service members, and some crucial differences. The rifle has a charging handle like the AR-15, but its bolt catch is different. “Both weapons provide significant capability improvements in accuracy, range and overall lethality,” said the Army’s statement in announcing the contract. “They are lightweight, fire more lethal ammunition, mitigate recoil, provide improved barrel…

Continue Reading

Wire

Op-Ed: I’m Furious the Black Community Is Being Used to Perpetrate an Attack Against Americans

Western Journal

Published

on

Something maniacal was unleashed in the wake of the leaked draft opinion detailing the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

This frightening new obscenity is more insidious and deadly than Jim Crow ever was. I join many others who are furious that the black community is yet again being used to perpetrate a terroristic attack against the people of America.

It is the elites who are calling for women to take it to the streets — to protest the potential reversal of a decision that has had a genocidal and devastating impact on this nation. In particular, they desire the black community — those who have had their birthrate so gutted they are no longer having enough children to remain 12 percent of the population — to join them in the streets. That will not happen this time.

All across America, black women of childbearing age — those who have been targeted consistently by the abortion industry — have had proportionately the greatest number of abortions. In fact, black women of childbearing age are roughly 3 percent of the population and yet have 40 percent of all abortions. In some states, the numbers are so horrific they should take your breath away, with more abortions being performed than babies being born.

Georgia, where I am running for governor, is one of those states. In 2020, there were 31,248 abortions performed. Of that staggering number, 20,601 — 66 percent — were on black women. More abortions were performed in Georgia than ever before, making it a banner year for the abortion industry — even during a pandemic.

The very same year, Planned Parenthood, the nation’s leading abortion provider whose Southeast regional office is in Atlanta, announced that it is a systemically racist, white supremacist organization that has caused “reproductive harm” to minority women. The reaction… crickets.

There was no marching, protests or outrage from black “social justice” leaders. There was no rioting, shouts of “Black Lives Matter” or demands to shut Planned Parenthood down. Not one black legislator elected to protect black interests marched in the streets or otherwise reacted to Planned Parenthood’s admission. Instead, they continued to accept money from the organization that has killed millions of their own. The silence was deafening.

The civil rights movement was never meant to be used as a tool to destroy the black family. Yet politicians have used the movement to create a false narrative that includes the “right” to take unborn lives.

Through Planned Parenthood’s Negro Project, launched in 1939 and continuing today, political operatives such as Stacey Abrams and Sen. Raphael Warnock are paid to promote birth control and abortion as lifesaving tools, especially for black women. They call it “reproductive justice” — but it is anything but just.

In response to the possibility that Roe could be no more, Abrams announced she is suspending her campaign fundraising in favor of raising money for the very organizations that have taken more black lives than any group, including the KKK. Since 1973, more than 20 million black babies have died in one of the abortion centers in or near black neighborhoods. This staggering number is more than America’s entire black population in 1960.

I am furious that Abrams and others dare to prostitute the black experience to sell abortions to black women. Not one of our ancestors fought, bled and died so that the black community could be exterminated in the name of civil rights, social justice or women’s health.

The diabolical plan launched by Abrams in support of the longstanding Negro Project has to be stopped dead in its tracks, along with all the other elite-driven plans of terror aimed at persuading the Supreme Court justices to change their votes. I am calling on all people of goodwill, all people who believe every life should be protected whether in the womb or out, to stand in unity against this latest plot intended to intimidate the court to make a political rather than a constitutional decision.

I am calling on the black community to no longer allow our lives to be prostituted for the sake of enriching a few. Our nation, our state and our community deserve the right to life.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Something maniacal was unleashed in the wake of the leaked draft opinion detailing the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. This frightening new obscenity is more insidious and deadly than Jim Crow ever was. I join many others who are furious that the black community is yet again being used to perpetrate a terroristic attack against the people of America. It is the elites who are calling for women to take it to the streets — to protest the potential reversal of a decision that has had a genocidal and devastating impact on this nation. In particular, they desire the black community — those who have had their birthrate so gutted they are no longer having enough children to remain 12 percent of the population — to join them in the streets. That will not happen this time. All across America, black women of childbearing age — those who have been targeted consistently by the abortion industry — have had proportionately the greatest number of abortions. In fact, black women of childbearing age are roughly 3 percent of the population and yet have 40 percent of all abortions. In some states, the numbers are so horrific they should take your breath away, with more abortions being performed than babies being born. Georgia, where I am running for governor, is one of those states. In 2020, there were 31,248 abortions performed. Of that staggering number, 20,601 — 66 percent — were on black women. More abortions were performed in Georgia than ever before, making it a banner year for the abortion industry — even during a pandemic. The very same year, Planned Parenthood, the nation’s leading abortion provider whose Southeast regional office is in Atlanta, announced that it is a systemically racist, white supremacist organization that has caused “reproductive…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week