Connect with us

News

Sources Claim Turkish President Erdogan Tossed Trump Letter In The Garbage

Published

on

Sources are claiming that Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan wasn’t too thrilled about the letter he received from President Trump that warned him not to take action along the Syrian border and tossed the letter in the trash.

These same sources, who are close to Erdogan, confirmed with the BBC on Thursday that he “thoroughly rejected” the president’s letter, in which Trump threatened to annihilate Turkey’s economy if he decided to go forward with military action in Syria following Trump’s announcement several days prior to pull troops from the northeast of Syria.

Here’s more from Fox News:

Trending: Fake-News-O-Matic

Erdogan reportedly took the letter warning against being a “fool” and tossed it “in the bin,” the sources said.

take our poll - story continues below
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The letter, first obtained by Fox Business Network, came the same day Erdogan launched a Turkish military offensive into Syria, claiming it wanted to “neutralize terror threats” and establish a “safe zone.”

Turkish forces last Wednesday carried out airstrikes and later announced ground troops had invaded northeastern Syria.

Nearly all U.S. troops there have been removed and will be redeployed in the region in the coming weeks, something critics said was the “green light” for Erdogan to act.

Here’s the letter Trump sent to Erdogan via Trish Regan on Twitter:

Trump took a lot of criticism for his decision to remove troops from Syria, with many folks saying that this move was basically granting permission for Erdogan and Turkish forces to waltz into Syria and attack our Kurdish allies, essentially leaving our “friends” hanging.

The president has since defended his actions saying the move to pull troops was not a “green light” for the attack on the Kurds.

Save conservative media!

News

Mnuchin To Request More Funds From Congress If Small Businesses Use Up $350B In Forgivable Loans

Published

on

Treasure Secretary Steven Mnuchin stated on Wednesday that should small businesses use up all of the $350 billion in loans to be administered by the Small Business Association to help keep them afloat during the social distancing measures being taken to contain the coronavirus. Here’s more on this from Washington Examiner: “One of the things I’ve heard is this small business program is going to be so popular that we’re going to run out of the $350 billion. If that’s the case, I can assure you that will be at the top of the list for me to go back to Congress on,” he told CNBC. The relief bill provides $350 billion to small businesses and other entities with zero-fee loans of up to $10 million to help cover payroll. These loans are available to businesses with 500 employees or less. The loans are forgivable to the extent that they are used to maintain payroll and pay other overhead. The loans are expected to be disbursed on a first-come-first-serve basis. Outside economists have said that the $350 billion allocation is much less than will be needed by small businesses looking to retain their workers. Earlier this week, Mnuchin stated that the loans included in the coronavirus relief package past last week would be available this Friday. Mnuchin spoke with Fox Business saying, “I’ve said these loans will be available starting on Friday, which will be at lightning speed. We hope later today that we’ll be releasing the documents and the instructions.” The coronavirus is continuing to wreak havoc on the United States as the death toll from the virus hits 4,000, which takes our numbers higher than those of China where the illness originated from.

Continue Reading

News

Devin Nunes Says School Closures Over Coronavirus Are ‘Way Overkill’

Published

on

When it comes to discussions about safety measures taken to manage the spread of the coronavirus, there seems to be two camps. One camp doesn’t think this virus is all that big of a deal and we ought to just get back to living life as normal with no concern for the seriousness of the matter. The other camp freaks out and thinks everything under the sun must be banned and shutdown for the next few years — or so it seems — until the virus goes away. Both are extremes, and funny enough, both are extremely stupid. It seems that Rep. Devin Nunes, a Republican, falls into the first camp. Nunes recently came out and said that school closures over the virus are “way overkill.” Keep in mind, the virus has now killed 4,000 Americans, which is 700 more than the Chinese total of fatalities (if they are actually reporting their numbers accurately). Here’s more from The Washington Examiner: As they discussed former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Scott Gottlieb’s public health plan for how to combat the virus, Ingraham claimed it would mean people “can’t go back to a normal life” for 12 months. “Yeah, that’s not going to work. … The schools were just canceled out here in California, which is way overkill,” Nunes responded. “It’s possible kids could’ve went back to school in two weeks to four weeks, but they just canceled the rest of the schools. So, look: I’m optimistic here.” “If we don’t start to get people back to work in this country over the next week to two weeks, I don’t believe we can wait until, you know, the end of April. I just don’t know of any economy that’s ever survived where you unplug the entire economy and expect things to go…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

 
Send this to a friend