Connect with us

Wire

Stephen Colbert Has COVID for 2nd Time in 3 Weeks Just After He Thanked Vaccine Efficacy

Western Journal

Published

on

A man who once featured dancing syringes on his show to encourage people to get COVID-19 vaccines has seemingly gotten the virus for the second time in three weeks.

Stephen Colbert — host of CBS’ “The Late Show” and a man who, at age 58, still looks and acts like the villain in a young adult novel set at a prestigious boarding school — announced earlier this week that he was down with the virus yet again.

This was in spite of the fact he praised vaccine and booster efficacy after a bout of COVID-19 in late April.

(Here at The Western Journal, we support your right to be vaccinated or not be vaccinated — as well as to know all of the facts and data about what the shot does and does not do. Despite that, when we report on it, Big Tech companies like Google try to choke us off from ad revenue. We’ll continue bringing America the truth, however, no matter what Silicon Valley says or does. You can help us by subscribing.)

Just so we’re clear on Colbert’s coronavirus timeline, let’s back up to April 21, when his official show Twitter account announced he had the bug.

“Stephen Colbert has tested positive for Covid 19. Tonight’s show is cancelled,” they tweeted. “As previously planned, the show will be airing repeats tomorrow through next week. We will return with new episodes on May 2nd.”

The Brinker Hadley of late-night TV confirmed the diagnosis via his personal account.

“Yep! I tested positive for Covid, but basically I’m feeling fine- grateful to be vaxxed and boosted,” Colbert tweeted.

“Thank you for the well wishes. This just proves that I will do anything to avoid interviewing Jason Bateman.”

Alas, he didn’t catch Bateman before the “Ozark” finale. More’s the pity.

Colbert returned to work as scheduled but then, yet again, things went awry — and got a bit murky, as well.

On Monday, the official account of “The Late Show” announced that “Stephen is experiencing symptoms consistent with a recurrence of COVID.

“Out of an abundance of caution for his staff, guests, and audience, he will be isolating for a few additional days. The Late Show will not be taping new episodes until further notice,” the tweet continued.

Of course, “symptoms consistent with a recurrence of COVID” isn’t necessarily COVID. However, Colbert himself seemed to confirm it was the novel coronavirus with a tweet that read “WORST. SEQUEL. EVER.”

Again, unclear whether or not Colbert contracted the virus again. However, the Los Angeles Times noted this came after “The Late Show” bandleader Jon Batiste announced he’d contracted COVID.

“The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that reinfections — meaning a person was infected, recovered and then later became infected again — can occur, although most individuals will have some protection from repeat infections,” the Times reported.

It’s not just that Colbert had tweeted how he was “grateful to be vaxxed and boosted” after he got the virus, however, that makes this whole thing ironic. It’s that, during the OMG-get-your-Fauci-ouchie-now-red-state-scum stage of liberal vaccine boosterism, he was the guy who thought this kind of thing would win over the inoculation-hesitant:

And this kind of thing, too:



And there was a lot of “that kind of thing,” as you can see if you can stand to watch the whole video.

Since Monday’s tweets, both “The Late Show” and Colbert himself have maintained radio silence on whether this is a recurrence of COVID or just another type of illness. Since the announcement, Colbert has only made two tweets, one a bad joke about cryptocurrencies and another a bad joke about astronomy:

However, it’s worth noting silence speaks volumes when it comes from people who have a reason to be silent, and that this wouldn’t be the “WORST. SEQUEL. EVER” if it were from a different viral franchise.

Moreover, it comes from a man whose show has produced some of the most cringe-worthy pro-vaccine propaganda we’ve seen on TV, which actually takes talent.

Remember, this is a man who played horsey at his late-night desk as a cartoon overlay played featuring six anthropomorphic cowboy needles riding six equipomorphic needles sang, to the tune of Rossini’s “William Tell Overture”: “Get a shot, get a shot, get a vaccine shot / Get a shot, get a shot, get a vaccine shot / Get a shot shot shot / Get your vaccine vaccine vaccine vaccine shot shot shot / Pfizer! Moderna! Johnson & Johnson!”

That’s real. That actually happened; it’s not a parody video. That’s how Colbert and his crew thought the host could convince the not-at-risk or vaccine-hesitant to get a shot. And now, we’re told he may have the virus for the second time in three weeks.

We wish Mr. Colbert a speedy recovery, whatever the source of his illness is. And, while we’re at it, we thank him for the irony. We can only hope and wish the cartoon needles make a reappearance when he gets back to his desk, again singing along to Rossini: “It still works / It still works / It works works works works / Just imagine how bad it would have been / Just imagine how bad it would have been / Just imagine how bad it would have been / Without the shot shot shot.”

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Wire

Army Reveals New Weapon Intended to Become Standard-Issue Rifle in Combat Force

Western Journal

Published

on

The Army has revealed the weapon intended to replace the M4 carbine in front-line combat units.

The branch announced a 10-year, $20.4- million contract to Sig Sauer to produce two weapons it’s calling the next-generation squad weapons at the end of April, according to a U.S. Army Public Affairs press release.

The weapons are the XM5 rifle and the XM250 automatic rifle. The former is intended for individual soldiers, and the latter is intended as a replacement for squad automatic weapons like the M249 light machine gun.

The weapons are being supplied to combat arms across the branch, with the branch planning on eventual widespread distribution. If the weapon is adopted across the Army, it would be the most dramatic change to the branch’s standard weapon since the Vietnam War.

The M16 became the first assault rifle in US military use during that conflict, with the M4 carbine entering service as a shortened version of the rifle in the following decades.

The two weapons will fire a bigger bullet than their predecessors. Both are chambered for 6.8-millimeter rounds, rather than the 5.56 of the M4 and M429.

The new round is thought to be more lethal against a foe who is wearing body armor.

The military is gradually retooling for more conventional wars against state opponents, as opposed to the Global War on Terror against irregular Islamic terrorist forces.

The weapon has some visual similarities to the AR family of weapons used by both American civilians and service members, and some crucial differences.

The rifle has a charging handle like the AR-15, but its bolt catch is different.

“Both weapons provide significant capability improvements in accuracy, range and overall lethality,” said the Army’s statement in announcing the contract.

“They are lightweight, fire more lethal ammunition, mitigate recoil, provide improved barrel performance, and include integrated muzzle sound and flash reduction.”

The weapons are designed for use with the XM157 Fire Control system, a tool that will integrate a variable optic, a laser rangefinder and a ballistic calculator.

Widespread adoption of the XM5 rifle isn’t assured at this stage of its development, with the performance of the weapon likely to determine whether it becomes the Army’s standard-issue rifle.

Colonel Scott Madore, who oversaw testing of the XM5 against competing rifles, said that service members tested the weapon for 20,000 hours to gauge its utility.

There’s no indication that a civilian version of the XM5 is in commercial development, although it’s likely a semi-automatic version will end up in gun stores if the rifle proves effective and reliable.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

The Army has revealed the weapon intended to replace the M4 carbine in front-line combat units. The branch announced a 10-year, $20.4- million contract to Sig Sauer to produce two weapons it’s calling the next-generation squad weapons at the end of April, according to a U.S. Army Public Affairs press release. The weapons are the XM5 rifle and the XM250 automatic rifle. The former is intended for individual soldiers, and the latter is intended as a replacement for squad automatic weapons like the M249 light machine gun. The weapons are being supplied to combat arms across the branch, with the branch planning on eventual widespread distribution. If the weapon is adopted across the Army, it would be the most dramatic change to the branch’s standard weapon since the Vietnam War. The M16 became the first assault rifle in US military use during that conflict, with the M4 carbine entering service as a shortened version of the rifle in the following decades. The two weapons will fire a bigger bullet than their predecessors. Both are chambered for 6.8-millimeter rounds, rather than the 5.56 of the M4 and M429. The new round is thought to be more lethal against a foe who is wearing body armor. The military is gradually retooling for more conventional wars against state opponents, as opposed to the Global War on Terror against irregular Islamic terrorist forces. The weapon has some visual similarities to the AR family of weapons used by both American civilians and service members, and some crucial differences. The rifle has a charging handle like the AR-15, but its bolt catch is different. “Both weapons provide significant capability improvements in accuracy, range and overall lethality,” said the Army’s statement in announcing the contract. “They are lightweight, fire more lethal ammunition, mitigate recoil, provide improved barrel…

Continue Reading

Wire

Op-Ed: I’m Furious the Black Community Is Being Used to Perpetrate an Attack Against Americans

Western Journal

Published

on

Something maniacal was unleashed in the wake of the leaked draft opinion detailing the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

This frightening new obscenity is more insidious and deadly than Jim Crow ever was. I join many others who are furious that the black community is yet again being used to perpetrate a terroristic attack against the people of America.

It is the elites who are calling for women to take it to the streets — to protest the potential reversal of a decision that has had a genocidal and devastating impact on this nation. In particular, they desire the black community — those who have had their birthrate so gutted they are no longer having enough children to remain 12 percent of the population — to join them in the streets. That will not happen this time.

All across America, black women of childbearing age — those who have been targeted consistently by the abortion industry — have had proportionately the greatest number of abortions. In fact, black women of childbearing age are roughly 3 percent of the population and yet have 40 percent of all abortions. In some states, the numbers are so horrific they should take your breath away, with more abortions being performed than babies being born.

Georgia, where I am running for governor, is one of those states. In 2020, there were 31,248 abortions performed. Of that staggering number, 20,601 — 66 percent — were on black women. More abortions were performed in Georgia than ever before, making it a banner year for the abortion industry — even during a pandemic.

The very same year, Planned Parenthood, the nation’s leading abortion provider whose Southeast regional office is in Atlanta, announced that it is a systemically racist, white supremacist organization that has caused “reproductive harm” to minority women. The reaction… crickets.

There was no marching, protests or outrage from black “social justice” leaders. There was no rioting, shouts of “Black Lives Matter” or demands to shut Planned Parenthood down. Not one black legislator elected to protect black interests marched in the streets or otherwise reacted to Planned Parenthood’s admission. Instead, they continued to accept money from the organization that has killed millions of their own. The silence was deafening.

The civil rights movement was never meant to be used as a tool to destroy the black family. Yet politicians have used the movement to create a false narrative that includes the “right” to take unborn lives.

Through Planned Parenthood’s Negro Project, launched in 1939 and continuing today, political operatives such as Stacey Abrams and Sen. Raphael Warnock are paid to promote birth control and abortion as lifesaving tools, especially for black women. They call it “reproductive justice” — but it is anything but just.

In response to the possibility that Roe could be no more, Abrams announced she is suspending her campaign fundraising in favor of raising money for the very organizations that have taken more black lives than any group, including the KKK. Since 1973, more than 20 million black babies have died in one of the abortion centers in or near black neighborhoods. This staggering number is more than America’s entire black population in 1960.

I am furious that Abrams and others dare to prostitute the black experience to sell abortions to black women. Not one of our ancestors fought, bled and died so that the black community could be exterminated in the name of civil rights, social justice or women’s health.

The diabolical plan launched by Abrams in support of the longstanding Negro Project has to be stopped dead in its tracks, along with all the other elite-driven plans of terror aimed at persuading the Supreme Court justices to change their votes. I am calling on all people of goodwill, all people who believe every life should be protected whether in the womb or out, to stand in unity against this latest plot intended to intimidate the court to make a political rather than a constitutional decision.

I am calling on the black community to no longer allow our lives to be prostituted for the sake of enriching a few. Our nation, our state and our community deserve the right to life.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Something maniacal was unleashed in the wake of the leaked draft opinion detailing the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. This frightening new obscenity is more insidious and deadly than Jim Crow ever was. I join many others who are furious that the black community is yet again being used to perpetrate a terroristic attack against the people of America. It is the elites who are calling for women to take it to the streets — to protest the potential reversal of a decision that has had a genocidal and devastating impact on this nation. In particular, they desire the black community — those who have had their birthrate so gutted they are no longer having enough children to remain 12 percent of the population — to join them in the streets. That will not happen this time. All across America, black women of childbearing age — those who have been targeted consistently by the abortion industry — have had proportionately the greatest number of abortions. In fact, black women of childbearing age are roughly 3 percent of the population and yet have 40 percent of all abortions. In some states, the numbers are so horrific they should take your breath away, with more abortions being performed than babies being born. Georgia, where I am running for governor, is one of those states. In 2020, there were 31,248 abortions performed. Of that staggering number, 20,601 — 66 percent — were on black women. More abortions were performed in Georgia than ever before, making it a banner year for the abortion industry — even during a pandemic. The very same year, Planned Parenthood, the nation’s leading abortion provider whose Southeast regional office is in Atlanta, announced that it is a systemically racist, white supremacist organization that has caused “reproductive…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week