Connect with us

News

Supreme Court Decides To Hold Off Oral Arguments For March Over Coronavirus

Published

on

The Supreme Court has announced that it is going to postpone all oral arguments due to be heard in the month of March due to the current coronavirus outbreak.

SCOTUS was due to hear cases on March 23 through March 25 and then again from March 30 through April 1, but will now “examine the options for rescheduling those cases in due course in light of the developing circumstances.”

Here’s more from The Washington Examiner:

Trending: What Does Bill Gates Plan to Do After He Vaccinates the World Population?

The Supreme Court previously postponed scheduled arguments in response to the Spanish flu epidemic in 1918, and shortened its argument calendar in 1793 and 1798 in response to yellow fever outbreaks.

take our poll - story continues below

Is the Biden Administration Destroying Our Constitution?

  • Is the Biden Administration Destroying Our Constitution?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The world is currently losing its collective mind over the spread of coronavirus, which is a rather serious illness, particularly for the elderly and immunocompromised, however, the hysteria surrounding this illness is getting out of hand.

That being said, some of the individuals on the bench in the Supreme Court are considered high risk for complications caused by coronavirus, so it makes total sense to keep them isolated from potential carriers of the virus until all of this blows over.

A pandemic of this nature is unlike anything we’ve seen in long, long time, if ever, and thus, it’s crucial to take the right precautions. However, what complicates matters is how the virus not only impacts our legal system, but our economy as well.

Restaurants and other establishments are being shutdown which is going to put a lot of folks out of work for a few weeks, causing a lot of financial hardship for lower income folks.

Here’s to hoping this all blows over soon.

News

Apple Backs Down, Will Allow Parler Back on App Store

The news is seen as a major boost for the First Amendment.

Published

on

Free speech is a fickle thing, and precious too.  If we’re not careful, it can be stripped away but those who hide behind the claim that a “private” company can limit your personal freedoms. Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms are almost always the culprits here, bending the algorithmic reach of those with whom they disagree. Enter Parler:  A free speech app where only the bare legal minimum of content would be moderated. The platform became incredibly popular with an astonishing swiftness, but soon faced trouble from companies who had previously aligned themselves with Facebook and Twitter’s more controlling stance. Apple, who had previously booted Parler from its App Store, has now relented to the Constitution. Apple has approved Parler’s return to the iOS app store following improvements the social media company made to better detect and moderate hate speech and incitement, according to a letter the iPhone maker sent to Congress on Monday. The decision clears the way for Parler, an app popular with conservatives including some members of the far right, to be downloaded once again on Apple devices. The letter — addressed to Sen. Mike Lee and Rep. Ken Buck and obtained by CNN — explained that since the app was removed from Apple’s platform in January for violations of its policies, Parler “has proposed updates to its app and the app’s content moderation practices.” On April 14, Apple’s app review team told Parler that its proposed changes were sufficient, the letter continued. Now, all Parler needs to do is to flip the switch. The news is seen as a major boost for the First Amendment.

Continue Reading

News

WATCH: NC Man Slings Rabid Bobcat Across His Front Yard

WOW!

Published

on

For many North Carolinians, neighborhood living brings with it the peace of mind that the most invasive animals you might have to deal with are squirrels who are trying to rest in your attic, or raccoons hoping to fatten up from your trash can.  The Tar Heel state has some bears, sure, but they’re not often the pestering or dangerous type like you might see in the Pacific Northwest or parts of California. But one man this week got up close and personal with a seriously frightening creature this week, after it lunged at his wife from underneath their car. A disturbing video captures the moment a rabid bobcat attacks a North Carolina woman—and the moment her husband grabs it off her and throws it through the air. Kristi and Happy Wade of Burgaw were walking to their SUV to take their cat to the vet the morning of April 9 when the growling animal ran across the street and attacked, WIS-TVreports. After throwing it several feet, Happy Wade eventually shot it after it ran into the couple’s garage and then continued to charge, ABC 11 reports. A neighbor who had been jogging by at the time stopped to help and called 911. Video of the incident is simply unbelievable. https://twitter.com/nojumper/status/1383145940807163904?s=20 The bobcat was injured by Wade and later euthanized by local law enforcement.  An autopsy revealed that the animal was indeed rabid, and the family has been undergoing treatment for their numerous bite wounds.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week