Connect with us

Politics

This is the level of ridiculousness that we have reached

The American people are growing quite weary of the entire charade at this point.

Published

on

Bette Midler

There is no doubt left that the liberal media is a little out there in 2018, having concocted or disseminated more conspiracy theories than facts over the course of the last five-plus months.

Of course, the biggie is #RussiaGate:  The Clinton-promoted idea that Donald Trump is actually some sort of asset of the Russian government, either through blackmail or through his own volition.  For over a year Special Counsel Robert Mueller has been investigating these bizarre claims with absolutely nothing to show for it, and the American people are growing quite weary of the entire charade at this point.

Now, perhaps sensing that We The People were growing fatigued with this constant talking of Kremlin collusion, the mainstream media has moved on to yet another bit of malarky involving a medical procedure performed on First Lady Melania Trump.

Even though the First Lady has been recovering in the White House, the media has been portraying her as “MIA”, and floating some of the most dimwitted conspiracy theories that we’ve ever heard in the meantime.  One such story purported that perhaps Melania was beaten by her husband, the President.

This is the level of ridiculousness that we have reached.

Now, as the President heads to Canada for the G7 summit without Melania, his explanation has raised a few eyebrows as well.

President Donald Trump said his wife, Melania, had a “big operation” to treat a kidney condition that lasted close to four hours, but that the first lady is “doing great” although she did not accompany him to Canada on Friday, per her doctors’ orders.

Trump told reporters as he left the White House on Friday for the G-7 meeting in Quebec that Mrs. Trump wanted to join him at an annual summit of leading industrialized nations, as she did last year, but that she “can’t fly for one month.”

“First lady’s great. Right there,” Trump said, pointing up to the White House from the driveway. “And she wanted to go. Can’t fly for one month. The doctors say. She had a big operation. That was a close to a four-hour operation. And she’s doing great. Right there.”

Trump added: “And you know what? She is a great first lady.”

And while there is no arguing with that last point, Trump’s insinuation that it was a “big operation” will have a few questioning the true nature of the medical procedure undergone by the First Lady.

Originally, the White House had released a statement that Melania Trump was having a routine embolization.

 

Opinion

In Georgia, Pence Makes Ugly Dig Directed at Trump

It’s safe to say these two won’t be on the 2024 ticket together.

Published

on

Tonight, the race for the Georgia governor’s office will continue, as incumbent Republican Brian Kemp faces primary challenger and fellow Republican David Perdue, in a contest with implications far beyond the Peach State.

The race has been billed as a bit of a 2024 preview, if only vicariously, as former President Donald Trump has endorsed Perdue while former Vice President Mike Pence has endorsed Kemp.

As the primary election neared, Pence wasn’t shy about taking some not-so-subtle shots at the former Commander in Chief, either.

On the eve of Georgia’s primary election, former Vice President Mike Pence had a forward-looking message of support for renominating Republican Gov. Brian Kemp.

“When you say yes to Governor Brian Kemp tomorrow, you will send a deafening message all across America that the Republican Party is the party of the future,” said Pence, speaking to a crowd of a few hundred in an airport hangar north of Atlanta on Monday.

Pence’s appearance was an implicit rebuke of former running mate Donald Trump, who has endorsed Kemp’s primary opponent, David Perdue. Pence did not make a direct mention of the former President nor respond to the relentless attacks Trump has leveled against Kemp. But his appearance at the rally the day before the election spoke volumes.

And then:

“When Brian Kemp called me and asked me to come out here and be with all of you, I said yes in a heartbeat,” Pence said.

Pence has been a bit coy, (and rather vague), about his potential plans for a 2024 campaign, and Trump has been quite vocal about the possibility of running against his former veep.

Tonight, the race for the Georgia governor’s office will continue, as incumbent Republican Brian Kemp faces primary challenger and fellow Republican David Perdue, in a contest with implications far beyond the Peach State. The race has been billed as a bit of a 2024 preview, if only vicariously, as former President Donald Trump has endorsed Perdue while former Vice President Mike Pence has endorsed Kemp. As the primary election neared, Pence wasn’t shy about taking some not-so-subtle shots at the former Commander in Chief, either. On the eve of Georgia’s primary election, former Vice President Mike Pence had a forward-looking message of support for renominating Republican Gov. Brian Kemp. “When you say yes to Governor Brian Kemp tomorrow, you will send a deafening message all across America that the Republican Party is the party of the future,” said Pence, speaking to a crowd of a few hundred in an airport hangar north of Atlanta on Monday. Pence’s appearance was an implicit rebuke of former running mate Donald Trump, who has endorsed Kemp’s primary opponent, David Perdue. Pence did not make a direct mention of the former President nor respond to the relentless attacks Trump has leveled against Kemp. But his appearance at the rally the day before the election spoke volumes. And then: “When Brian Kemp called me and asked me to come out here and be with all of you, I said yes in a heartbeat,” Pence said. Pence has been a bit coy, (and rather vague), about his potential plans for a 2024 campaign, and Trump has been quite vocal about the possibility of running against his former veep.

Continue Reading

Opinion

USA Begins Planning to Send Troops to Kyiv

Interesting…

Published

on

For weeks now, the world has been forced to sit back and watch the atrocities occurring in Ukraine with little to no recourse.  This was due largely to Vladimir Putin’s continued threats of a nuclear strike against anyone who might decide to interfere directly, including the United States, NATO, or other western powers.

Furthermore, US President Joe Biden has been clear:  There is no desire to have American troops squaring off with Russians directly, at the risk of conjuring World War III.

Yet still it appears as though some US troops will be making the journey to Ukraine…at least in a very limited manner.

Plans to send U.S. forces back into Ukraine to guard the recently reopened American Embassy in Kyiv are “underway at a relatively low level,” Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Monday.

The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday that officials are mulling plans to send special forces to Kyiv to guard the U.S. Embassy. The effort is a delicate one, as it requires balancing the safety of American diplomats while avoiding what Russia could see as an escalation.

“Some of the things that may have been out there in the media, those are planning efforts that are underway at a relatively low level,” Milley told reporters at the Pentagon, seeming to refer to the Journal’s report.

There was no definitive timeline for the move.

Such plans “have not yet made it to [Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin] or myself for that matter, for refinement of courses of action and what’s needed,” he noted.

Milley would go on to suggest that any such move would require the approval of the President himself.

For weeks now, the world has been forced to sit back and watch the atrocities occurring in Ukraine with little to no recourse.  This was due largely to Vladimir Putin’s continued threats of a nuclear strike against anyone who might decide to interfere directly, including the United States, NATO, or other western powers. Furthermore, US President Joe Biden has been clear:  There is no desire to have American troops squaring off with Russians directly, at the risk of conjuring World War III. Yet still it appears as though some US troops will be making the journey to Ukraine…at least in a very limited manner. Plans to send U.S. forces back into Ukraine to guard the recently reopened American Embassy in Kyiv are “underway at a relatively low level,” Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Monday. The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday that officials are mulling plans to send special forces to Kyiv to guard the U.S. Embassy. The effort is a delicate one, as it requires balancing the safety of American diplomats while avoiding what Russia could see as an escalation. “Some of the things that may have been out there in the media, those are planning efforts that are underway at a relatively low level,” Milley told reporters at the Pentagon, seeming to refer to the Journal’s report. There was no definitive timeline for the move. Such plans “have not yet made it to [Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin] or myself for that matter, for refinement of courses of action and what’s needed,” he noted. Milley would go on to suggest that any such move would require the approval of the President himself.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week