Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

News

Trump is Said to Have Made Decision on Border Security Deal

It isn’t all good news, however…

Published

on

border wall

With another government shutting looming just hours away, we may have finally received some good news out of Washington DC.

Another Beltway stalemate seemed almost inevitable at times, thanks to the obtuse stubbornness of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.  Their ability to willfully keep 800,000 Americans from receiving a paycheck over something that they both have previously said to be in favor of, catapulted border security to the very top of the Presidential priorities list.

Now, just in the nick of time, the President may have reached a deal with the previously petulant progressive politicians.

President Donald Trump intends to sign the border security deal to avoid another partial government shutdown, according to two sources who have spoken directly with the President.

Trump said Tuesday that he was “not happy” with the tentative deal reached by congressional negotiators late Monday night that falls far short of his original demands.
On Wednesday, he told reporters he would “take a very serious look” at the legislation, adding that he does not want the government to shut down again.
Congress faces a deadline to get a deal passed and signed by Trump before Friday.
It isn’t all good news, however…
The agreement, which includes $1.375 billion for a border barrier, falls well short of the $5.7 billion Trump originally demanded for a wall. It even falls short of the $1.6 billion included in a Senate package last year.
The President also reiterated his hopes for averting a shutdown during a meeting in the Oval Office today, saying that there is “no reason to it”.

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

News

Kellyanne’s Husband Goes NUCLEAR on Twitter, Calls Trump The ‘C’ Word

George Conway’s latest lambasting of the President surely has him sleeping on the couch.

Published

on

George Conway

As the nation begins to dig in their heels in regard to their views of President Trump, we are undoubtedly set for a prolonged social and cultural battle. Our nation was already deeply divided prior to the release of the Mueller report; itself a lightning rod of controversy involving political biases, alleged spying, campaign rivals, and flaring tempers.  These facets of the already-wild story were then amplified, predictably, by an unkempt and irresponsible mainstream media simply for the sake of cashing in on the outrage that they themselves fanned the flames of. This national nightmare has created its fair share of “divided households” as well, with the most famous example being that of Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway and her husband George, himself a longtime figure in Washington DC. The fairer Conway is, obviously, still on Team Trump, while George has roaring against the President on Twitter at a breakneck pace. His latest insult, coming just hours after the release of the redacted Mueller report, may be his most stern yet. “What the Mueller report disturbingly shows, with crystal clarity, is that today there is a cancer in the presidency: President Donald J. Trump,” Conway wrote in a Washington Post opinion-editorial. “Congress now bears the solemn constitutional duty to excise that cancer without delay.” Conway’s insinuation is nearly verbatim to the slant of the mainstream media, who also see the Mueller report as the beginning and not the end. Of course, this runs counter to what both the President and Attorney General Bill Barr have stated repeatedly over the course of the last several hours.

Continue Reading

News

Would-Be NYC Cathedral Arsonist Had Just Purchased a One Way Ticket To…

The story just keeps getting stranger…and more worrisome as well.

Published

on

Rome vatican

As with just about any news these days, there was an almost immediate sprouting of conspiracy theories surrounding the blaze at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris this week. For many social media users, the coincidence of the inferno occurring on Monday of Holy Week was just too much.  They saw this as “a sign”, and almost certainly as a “nefarious act”, possibly played out in order to spark some sort of Holy War. The theories get much wilder than that as well, but we dare not wade too deep into the conspiratorial waters, lest we want to be blacklisted by some clandestine “fact checking” gestapo. Despite the insistence of investigators that there was no reason to believe foul play was at work, the internet’s darker corners remained skeptical.  Then, came the story of a man in NYC who was arrested after walking into Saint Patrick’s Cathedral with two cans of gas, some lighter fluid, and a lighting device. This sparked a whole new realm of conspiracy for many…and that was before we knew about his travel plans. Marc Lamparello, a former director of music at a New Jersey Roman Catholic Church, was arrested at the historic St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City on Wednesday night after security stopped him with two cans of gasoline, lighter fluid and butane lighters, police said. Sources with the New York City Police Department told ABC News that he also purchased a one-way ticket to Rome, which was scheduled to depart from Newark, New Jersey, on Thursday evening. Lamparello, 37, was charged with attempted arson, reckless endangerment and some violations of city codes. He told police that he was taking a shortcut through church to reach his minivan, which he claimed had run out of gas. Police then inspected Lamparello’s vehicle, determined that it…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

Send this to a friend