Connect with us

News

Trump Issues Harsh Sanctions Against Turkey Via Executive Order Over Invasion of Syria

Is Erdogan even willing to sit down and talk?

John Salvatore

Published

on

Now that President Trump has decided to pull American troops out of the region of Northern Syria, both Democrats and many Republicans are crying foul. In other words, POTUS can literally do no right. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t.

The nation of Turkey decided to act in a very silly manner once news of the pull-out made waves. Trump wasn’t thrilled will Erdogan’s invasion of Syria and has now announced he’ll be leveling sanctions against the nation.

Will this move by 45 cause Turkey to retreat in some way or another? Will it at least bring Erdogan to the table? Is Erdogan even willing to sit down and talk? So many questions. Here’s what’s up…

Trending: Fake-News-O-Matic

From Daily Wire:

take our poll - story continues below
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

President Donald Trump announced on Monday that he is imposing sanctions on Turkey over their invasion into Syria, saying: “I am fully prepared to swiftly destroy Turkey’s economy if Turkish leaders continue down this dangerous and destructive path.”

Trump’s statement comes after Turkey invaded northern Syria following the president’s decision to pull U.S. troops back from the area.

Defense Secretary Mark Esper told CBS News’ Margaret Brennan Sunday on “Face The Nation” that the decision to pull the troops back came after the administration learned that Turkey was planning on invading the area, regardless if U.S. forces were present.

Enter POTUS:

Statement from President Donald J. Trump Regarding Turkey’s Actions in Northeast Syria

Some people want the United States to protect the 7,000 mile away Border of Syria, presided over by Bashar al-Assad, our enemy. At the same time, Syria and whoever they chose to help, wants naturally to protect the Kurds….

POLL: Do You Want Trump To Pardon Julian Assange?

….I would much rather focus on our Southern Border which abuts and is part of the United States of America. And by the way, numbers are way down and the WALL is being built!

Save conservative media!

News

Mnuchin To Request More Funds From Congress If Small Businesses Use Up $350B In Forgivable Loans

Published

on

Treasure Secretary Steven Mnuchin stated on Wednesday that should small businesses use up all of the $350 billion in loans to be administered by the Small Business Association to help keep them afloat during the social distancing measures being taken to contain the coronavirus. Here’s more on this from Washington Examiner: “One of the things I’ve heard is this small business program is going to be so popular that we’re going to run out of the $350 billion. If that’s the case, I can assure you that will be at the top of the list for me to go back to Congress on,” he told CNBC. The relief bill provides $350 billion to small businesses and other entities with zero-fee loans of up to $10 million to help cover payroll. These loans are available to businesses with 500 employees or less. The loans are forgivable to the extent that they are used to maintain payroll and pay other overhead. The loans are expected to be disbursed on a first-come-first-serve basis. Outside economists have said that the $350 billion allocation is much less than will be needed by small businesses looking to retain their workers. Earlier this week, Mnuchin stated that the loans included in the coronavirus relief package past last week would be available this Friday. Mnuchin spoke with Fox Business saying, “I’ve said these loans will be available starting on Friday, which will be at lightning speed. We hope later today that we’ll be releasing the documents and the instructions.” The coronavirus is continuing to wreak havoc on the United States as the death toll from the virus hits 4,000, which takes our numbers higher than those of China where the illness originated from.

Continue Reading

News

Devin Nunes Says School Closures Over Coronavirus Are ‘Way Overkill’

Published

on

When it comes to discussions about safety measures taken to manage the spread of the coronavirus, there seems to be two camps. One camp doesn’t think this virus is all that big of a deal and we ought to just get back to living life as normal with no concern for the seriousness of the matter. The other camp freaks out and thinks everything under the sun must be banned and shutdown for the next few years — or so it seems — until the virus goes away. Both are extremes, and funny enough, both are extremely stupid. It seems that Rep. Devin Nunes, a Republican, falls into the first camp. Nunes recently came out and said that school closures over the virus are “way overkill.” Keep in mind, the virus has now killed 4,000 Americans, which is 700 more than the Chinese total of fatalities (if they are actually reporting their numbers accurately). Here’s more from The Washington Examiner: As they discussed former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Scott Gottlieb’s public health plan for how to combat the virus, Ingraham claimed it would mean people “can’t go back to a normal life” for 12 months. “Yeah, that’s not going to work. … The schools were just canceled out here in California, which is way overkill,” Nunes responded. “It’s possible kids could’ve went back to school in two weeks to four weeks, but they just canceled the rest of the schools. So, look: I’m optimistic here.” “If we don’t start to get people back to work in this country over the next week to two weeks, I don’t believe we can wait until, you know, the end of April. I just don’t know of any economy that’s ever survived where you unplug the entire economy and expect things to go…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

 
Send this to a friend