Connect with us

News

Trump Threatens Tough Actions Against China, Check Out How They Responded

Published

on

Prison

President Trump has threatened to increase tariff rates against China from 10 percent to a whopping 25 percent, a tough move that is ruffling the feathers of the Chinese government, making them bristle at the mere suggestion of such a measure being taken.

In fact, China’s foreign ministry called the threat “blackmail,” warning that any policy like this would “produce the opposite of the desired result.” Gee, aren’t those communists just the nicest bunch of folks?

In addition to the tariffs currently in place, the Trump administration has proposed an additional 10 percent tariff on an additional $200 billion worth of imports from China. Now Trump administration officials are reportedly considering increasing those tariffs to 25 percent. The tariffs target a range of Chinese imports like dog food, furniture, car tires, beauty products, and food products, in addition to steel and aluminum.

Trending: Police Officer Is Viciously Beaten Trying to Make Arrest, Man Films & Laughs — Video

President Donald Trump said that if China is not willing to reach an acceptable trade deal, he is prepared to slap tariffs on all Chinese imports to the U.S., which amounted to $505.5 billion last year alone.

take our poll - story continues below

Trump or Biden, who will win?

  • Why wait until November 3? Show all of America who you're voting for in 2020  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

In a news briefing, Geng Shuang, a spokesperson for the Chinese Foreign Ministry, said

U.S. pressure and blackmail won’t have an effect. If the United States takes further escalatory steps, China will inevitably take countermeasures and we will resolutely protect our legitimate rights.

Geng also said that China has “always upheld using dialogue and consultations to handle trade frictions,” but that “unilateral threats and pressure will only produce the opposite of the desired result.”

It’s only a matter of time before the radical left in the mainstream media grab hold of this situation and immediately fall into hysterics and start claiming that some sort of world war is going to break out because Trump dares to actually do his job and stand firm and tough on foreign policy.

It’s enough to produce an infinite number of eye rolls, all the dramatics, but alas, the left has never been about the substance of their ideology, opting for emotionalism instead.

At the end of the day, you want a man like Trump in the Oval Office, putting pressure on other, more unruly nations around the world, letting them know America isn’t going to take such things lying down.

Source: TheBlaze

Save conservative media!

News

DOJ Making Moves To Break Up Google, Calling It The ‘Most Important Antitrust Case In A Generation’

Published

on

The Department of Justice is moving to file an antitrust lawsuit against Big Tech company Google on Tuesday after a very thorough investigation was launched into the company over alleged monopolistic behavior. This lawsuit will allege that Google has been engaging in practices deemed to be “anticompetitive” in order to help insulate and protect its search and search-advertising businesses, according to a source from the Justice Department. via Daily Wire: Google has frozen out competitors through contracts between the tech giant and browsers, carriers, and mobile phone manufacturers that give Google such prime standing as the default search engine across a variety of platforms as to bar any competitors from beginning to compete with the tech giant. Googles search queries make up roughly 80% of all those in the U.S. Google has argued in the past that billions of people choosing to use its product every day is evidence of the company’s competitive edge, not monopolistic behavior. The legal battle between the tech giant and the U.S. government is likely to span years. The lawsuit follows an investigation into the company that lasted for more than a year and took place in a wider investigation into Silicon Valley tech giants for alleged anticompetitive practices. The president himself has been among the most ardent voices speaking out about the monopolistic behavior of tech companies like Google, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as drawing attention to their censorship of conservative views. Some of Trump’s most loyal supporters, like Sen. Josh Hawley, were very pleased to hear about the lawsuit. “Today’s lawsuit is the most important antitrust case in a generation. Google and its fellow Big Tech monopolists exercise unprecedented power over the lives of ordinary Americans, controlling everything from the news we read to the security of our most personal information,” the…

Continue Reading

News

Trump Tells Barr To ‘Act Fast’ And ‘Appoint Somebody’ To Look Into Hunter Biden Business Dealings

Published

on

President Donald Trump told Attorney General William Barr on Tuesday that he needs to “act” and “appoint somebody” to start digging into Hunter Biden’s rather shady business dealings. The urging comes after almost a dozen GOP House members have been suggesting the president tap a special counsel to launch an investigation into all of the alleged documentation and information that was recently pulled from a water damaged laptop believed to have belonged to the younger Biden. The president mentioned all of this during an interview on “Fox & Friends” Tuesday morning where he slammed Joe Biden and his son saying he “walked around like a vacuum.” via Fox News: “This is the laptop from hell,” Trump said. “Even if he didn’t get all of this money, you can’t go to China and have the son walk out with $1.5 billion. … You can’t go to Ukraine with $83,000 a month. … You can’t get $3.5 million from the mayor of Moscow’s wife.” “And you didn’t have a job before your father was vice president,” Trump continued. “You can’t go and go with your father and every stop you make, you pick up $1 billion.” He added: “The vice president got a kickback, and everybody knows it, and they’ve known it a long time.” One of the emails that supposedly belongs to Hunter Biden, which was obtained by Fox News, is dated for May 13, 2017, and includes talk of “renumeration packages” for six different individuals involved in a business deal with a Chinese energy company. According to the message, Hunter Biden is the “Chair/Vice Chair depending on an agreement with CEFC,” which was a reference to the now-bankrupt CEFC China Energy Company. That same message also contains a note that says “Hunter has some office expectations he will elaborate.” There’s…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

No articles were found at this time.

Best of the Week