Connect with us

News

U.S. Attorney Who Served Under Obama Claims Fox News Wouldn’t Show Mueller Testimony, Soon Deletes It

This is what misinformation looks like.

Published

on

Attorney who served under former President Obama tweeted out on Sunday that Fox News wouldn’t air Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s testimony in front of Congress.

In order to quickly cover her tracks, she posted a follow-up tweet saying she was only joking and hadn’t expected anyone to take the claim seriously.

Sure. Right.

Trending: Fake-News-O-Matic

Joyce White Vance served as the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Alabama during all eight years of Obama’s administration.

take our poll - story continues below
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Here’s a bit more from The Daily Wire:

“Fox isn’t showing Mueller’s testimony Wednesday. Trump is afraid of what will happen if his base gets to hear Mueller’s testimony for themselves,” Vance tweeted before deleting it.

Fox, like every other major network, will show Mueller’s testimony. The network said Monday it would start covering the hearing at 8 a.m. on Wednesday. Mueller’s testimony begins at 9 a.m. that day.

As Townhall noted, Vance’s tweet didn’t seem to be a joke, with horror author Stephen King repeating the claim in his own tweet, sarcastically mocking Fox’s motto “Fair and Balanced.”

Guess who else said something about Fox News not airing Mueller’s testimony? Horror author Stephen King:

Here’s what Vance said in an attempt to play off the tweet as a joke:

“Y’all, a kind friend pointed out my goofy sense of humor doesn’t always translate onto Twitter. I know most of you get the irony by now. It will be interesting to see Fox’s coverage in light of Trump’s statement he won’t be watching the hearing.”

“I’ve deleted an earlier tweet I intended ironically, but that some took as factual regarding Fox news coverage of Mueller’s testimony. My apologies to anyone I confused. I don’t like to delete tweets but that seems a better course than unintentionally misinforming people.”

It sure doesn’t seem like this gal was just being silly. This really does feel like a cheap attempt to play off a really stupid gaffe. It’s a total fail, to be sure, but perhaps we can just give her an “A” for effort?

Nah. Too much like a participation trophy.

Save conservative media!

News

Mnuchin To Request More Funds From Congress If Small Businesses Use Up $350B In Forgivable Loans

Published

on

Treasure Secretary Steven Mnuchin stated on Wednesday that should small businesses use up all of the $350 billion in loans to be administered by the Small Business Association to help keep them afloat during the social distancing measures being taken to contain the coronavirus. Here’s more on this from Washington Examiner: “One of the things I’ve heard is this small business program is going to be so popular that we’re going to run out of the $350 billion. If that’s the case, I can assure you that will be at the top of the list for me to go back to Congress on,” he told CNBC. The relief bill provides $350 billion to small businesses and other entities with zero-fee loans of up to $10 million to help cover payroll. These loans are available to businesses with 500 employees or less. The loans are forgivable to the extent that they are used to maintain payroll and pay other overhead. The loans are expected to be disbursed on a first-come-first-serve basis. Outside economists have said that the $350 billion allocation is much less than will be needed by small businesses looking to retain their workers. Earlier this week, Mnuchin stated that the loans included in the coronavirus relief package past last week would be available this Friday. Mnuchin spoke with Fox Business saying, “I’ve said these loans will be available starting on Friday, which will be at lightning speed. We hope later today that we’ll be releasing the documents and the instructions.” The coronavirus is continuing to wreak havoc on the United States as the death toll from the virus hits 4,000, which takes our numbers higher than those of China where the illness originated from.

Continue Reading

News

Devin Nunes Says School Closures Over Coronavirus Are ‘Way Overkill’

Published

on

When it comes to discussions about safety measures taken to manage the spread of the coronavirus, there seems to be two camps. One camp doesn’t think this virus is all that big of a deal and we ought to just get back to living life as normal with no concern for the seriousness of the matter. The other camp freaks out and thinks everything under the sun must be banned and shutdown for the next few years — or so it seems — until the virus goes away. Both are extremes, and funny enough, both are extremely stupid. It seems that Rep. Devin Nunes, a Republican, falls into the first camp. Nunes recently came out and said that school closures over the virus are “way overkill.” Keep in mind, the virus has now killed 4,000 Americans, which is 700 more than the Chinese total of fatalities (if they are actually reporting their numbers accurately). Here’s more from The Washington Examiner: As they discussed former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Scott Gottlieb’s public health plan for how to combat the virus, Ingraham claimed it would mean people “can’t go back to a normal life” for 12 months. “Yeah, that’s not going to work. … The schools were just canceled out here in California, which is way overkill,” Nunes responded. “It’s possible kids could’ve went back to school in two weeks to four weeks, but they just canceled the rest of the schools. So, look: I’m optimistic here.” “If we don’t start to get people back to work in this country over the next week to two weeks, I don’t believe we can wait until, you know, the end of April. I just don’t know of any economy that’s ever survived where you unplug the entire economy and expect things to go…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

 
Send this to a friend