Connect with us

Politics

VP Pence Calls Out Surprise Migrant Caravan Funding Source

How will the mainstream media spin this claim being made by VP Pence?

Published

on

Mike Pence

In a scant few days, the American government will be forced to come to terms with an enormous issue.

Galavanting through Mexico, as we speak, is an enormous caravan of Central American migrants who are hellbent on storming the US border.  Their goal is to be unstoppable, and to use the sheer size of the crowd to overwhelm the US Border Patrol the same way that they did when they reached Mexico.

The 7,000-plus migrants will make for a timely distraction as we lead up to the 2018 midterm elections, and that confluence has certainly piqued the interest of intelligent observers.

To add to the mystery of the caravan’s peculiar timing, Vice President Mike Pence has suggested that his sources have told him that there are secret funding mechanisms for the traveling stunt as well.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Vice President Mike Pence on Tuesday said Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernández told him that the migrant caravan marching toward the U.S.-Mexico border is “financed by Venezuela.”

Pence made the allegation while defending President Donald Trump’s assertion that Middle Easterners make up a part of the 7,000-strong caravan in an interview with Washington Post national political reporter Robert Costa.

“It’s inconceivable that there are not people of Middle Eastern descent in a crowd of more than 7,000 people advancing toward our border,” Pence said. “In the last fiscal year, we apprehended more than 10 terrorists or suspected terrorists per day at our southern border from countries that are referred to in the lexicon as ‘other than Mexico’ — that means from the Middle East region.”

The Vice President then revealed that Hernández told him that “leftist groups” from the Central American country organized the caravan, “financed by Venezuela” to “challenge our sovereignty, challenge our border.”

The organization and funding aspects of this caravan, and its previous incarnation, have lent credence to the idea that these actions are politically motivated rather than organic, asylum-seeking groups naturally heading to the border.

 

Opinion

US State Pushes to Make Mask Mandates Permanent

The move is sure to have freedom advocates in the Beaver State enraged. 

Published

on

The American landscape is currently littered with a hodgepodge of coronavirus precautions, as each state, country, town, and business takes the COVID-19 pandemic at their own level of seriousness.

This has, of course, made it somewhat difficult for any individual to navigate their day in compliance to the ever-changing rigidity of the pandemic’s threat.  And, furthermore, it has led to some questionable decisions by local leaders looking to simplify the issue.

The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) assembled a Rules Advisory Committee (RAC) earlier this week to address a permanent indoor mask mandate in the state. Oregon is one of a few states that still retain one nearly two years into the pandemic.

The committee included several community stakeholders, including representatives from the hospitality industry, the business sector, and faith communities, according to local ABC affiliate KATU.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Local leaders attempted to downplay the “permanent” status of the mandate.

Dr. Paul Cieslak, the medical director for communicable diseases and immunizations with OHA, explained to KATU that OHA’s potential “permanent” indoor mask mandate is not necessarily permanent because it can be repealed.

“Permanent means indefinite. It doesn’t necessarily mean permanent,” Cieslak said. “We can repeal it as well, but we are only allowed to have a temporary rule for 180 days, and anything that goes beyond 180 days, we cannot extend it.”

The move is sure to have freedom advocates in the Beaver State enraged.

The American landscape is currently littered with a hodgepodge of coronavirus precautions, as each state, country, town, and business takes the COVID-19 pandemic at their own level of seriousness. This has, of course, made it somewhat difficult for any individual to navigate their day in compliance to the ever-changing rigidity of the pandemic’s threat.  And, furthermore, it has led to some questionable decisions by local leaders looking to simplify the issue. The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) assembled a Rules Advisory Committee (RAC) earlier this week to address a permanent indoor mask mandate in the state. Oregon is one of a few states that still retain one nearly two years into the pandemic. The committee included several community stakeholders, including representatives from the hospitality industry, the business sector, and faith communities, according to local ABC affiliate KATU. Local leaders attempted to downplay the “permanent” status of the mandate. Dr. Paul Cieslak, the medical director for communicable diseases and immunizations with OHA, explained to KATU that OHA’s potential “permanent” indoor mask mandate is not necessarily permanent because it can be repealed. “Permanent means indefinite. It doesn’t necessarily mean permanent,” Cieslak said. “We can repeal it as well, but we are only allowed to have a temporary rule for 180 days, and anything that goes beyond 180 days, we cannot extend it.” The move is sure to have freedom advocates in the Beaver State enraged.

Continue Reading

Opinion

Trump Makes Major Fundraising Haul for Social Media Platform

That’s a lot of moolah.

Published

on

Truth is coming, and if recent fundraising figures are any indication of the might of the forthcoming social media platform, the online world could be in for a major paradigm shift.

The network, which was conjured by former President Donald Trump as a response to the rampant online censorship of conservative voices, will undoubtedly be a smash hit when it eventually arrives.  And while the date for its inaugural truth to be posted has wavered a bit, there is no lack of support for the project.

Former President Trump’s social media group, Trump Media & Technology Group Corp. (TMTG), and its blank-check company announced on Saturday it had received a commitment of $1 billion from an unidentified “diverse group of institutional investors.”

TMTG and blank-check company Digital World Acquisition Corp. said that “subscription agreements for $1 billion in committed capital” would be received from an unknown group of investors once TMTG and Digital World are combined.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

In October, Trump announced that he would be creating a social media network dubbed “Truth Social,” whose full launch is expected in the first quarter of 2022. The network has been advertised as a platform “that encourages open global conversation without discrimination on the basis of political ideology.”

Trump will undoubtedly rely heavily on Truth Social in the coming months, particularly as he begins to prepare for a likely 2024 reelection campaign.

Truth is coming, and if recent fundraising figures are any indication of the might of the forthcoming social media platform, the online world could be in for a major paradigm shift. The network, which was conjured by former President Donald Trump as a response to the rampant online censorship of conservative voices, will undoubtedly be a smash hit when it eventually arrives.  And while the date for its inaugural truth to be posted has wavered a bit, there is no lack of support for the project. Former President Trump’s social media group, Trump Media & Technology Group Corp. (TMTG), and its blank-check company announced on Saturday it had received a commitment of $1 billion from an unidentified “diverse group of institutional investors.” TMTG and blank-check company Digital World Acquisition Corp. said that “subscription agreements for $1 billion in committed capital” would be received from an unknown group of investors once TMTG and Digital World are combined. In October, Trump announced that he would be creating a social media network dubbed “Truth Social,” whose full launch is expected in the first quarter of 2022. The network has been advertised as a platform “that encourages open global conversation without discrimination on the basis of political ideology.” Trump will undoubtedly rely heavily on Truth Social in the coming months, particularly as he begins to prepare for a likely 2024 reelection campaign.

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week