Connect with us

News

Washington Post Forced To Issue Big Correction After Botching Trump-Twitter Post

Published

on

The Washington Post caused quite an uproar on social media Wednesday evening after making a rather larger error by reporting that President Trump had been banned from his favorite tool for communicating with the masses, which of course, is Twitter.

The report assumed he had been locked out of Twitter over claims he made about the coronavirus, but as it turns out, this wasn’t true. Once again, the mainstream media has proven that the only thing they want to do is create anti-Trump narratives. So desperate are they to do such a thing that they won’t even fact check things to ensure what they report is accurate.

In reality, what happened was Facebook and Twitter actually took down clips of the president stating that children are “almost immune” to the coronavirus, labeling them as “misinformation.” Clips and posts were removed, not the president.

Trending: WATCH: Biden Appears to Be Reading His Answers Off Monitor During Interview — ‘I Lost That Line’

via Fox News:

take our poll - story continues below

Trump or Biden, who will win?

  • Why wait until November 3? Show all of America who you're voting for in 2020  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“Breaking: Twitter said it will require President Trump to remove a post containing coronavirus misinformation, banning him from tweeting until he does so,” the Post began its report in bold text. “Twitter hid the post and said he will not be able to tweet from his account until he deletes it, although he can appeal the decision.”

The Post then shared a quote from a Twitter spokesperson that appeared to allude to the president instead of his campaign, saying the tweet was “in violation of the Twitter Rules on COVID-19 misinformation. The account owner will be required to remove the Tweet before they can Tweet again.”

Several Washington Post journalists shared the inaccurate information on Twitter, spreading the report across the platform. They later deleted their tweets.

WaPo then had to issue a correction at the bottom of the report it published saying, “Twitter penalized Team Trump, the president’s campaign account. An earlier version of this article said that Twitter penalized President Trump’s account.”

This is something that could’ve been totally avoided had proper fact checking been completed before publishing the story. Instead, liberal media outlets ran with this because they are so desperate for an opportunity to show the Democratic Party their loyalty and publish materials that paint Trump in a negative light.

It’s sad this has become the reality of the media in our modern era, but it is what it is. Now more than ever, it has become critical for individuals to use the Internet to fact check the fact checkers and make sure the information we have is accurate. We cannot depend on others to do the work for us anymore.

 

Save conservative media!

News

President Trump Calls On United Nations To Hold China Accountable For Causing Pandemic

Published

on

President Trump has come out and called upon the United Nations to step up to the plate and hold China accountable for causing the coronavirus pandemic that has swept across the globe, killing hundreds of thousands of people and almost leading to economic collapse for America and many other nations across the world. The president made his confrontational speech to the United Nations General Assembly in a recorded address a day earlier at the White House. The tone of his talk made it absolutely clear he’s not at all happy with China, the nation where this mess originated from. via Washington Examiner: His speech contained a list of accusations against Beijing, from allowing travelers to spread what he called the “China virus” around the world to polluting the oceans. “The Chinese government, and the World Health Organization, which is virtually controlled by China, falsely declared that there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission,” Trump said, calling on the U.N. to hold Beijing to account. “Later, they falsely said people without symptoms would not spread the disease,” he said. “The United Nations must hold China accountable for their actions. China absolutely should be held accountable for causing this mess. There are a lot of theories out there that suggest this virus was created and purposefully leaked into the world. We don’t know if that’s true, but even if it isn’t and the whole thing was an accident, the Chinese Communist Party is responsible for all of the horrific loss of life and economic damage this has caused. As such, they need to step up to the plate and make this right. They need to take responsibility for their actions and their blatant failures to get the spread of this illness under control.

Continue Reading

News

Liberal Officials At State And Local Level Using Coronavirus Aid Money For Free College, Guaranteed Income

Published

on

State and local officials are taking full advantage of the millions of dollars they have received from CARES Act funding — before it reverts back to the federal government — by spending the money for many, many different kinds of liberal priorities, including free college, “Trunk or Treating,” or an experimental income program. The CARES Act has provided $139 billion for state and local governments. These payments have been used to fund a plethora of programs, including police budgets and utility assistance for struggling residents. And that is the sort of thing this money is supposed to go toward. Helping folks of all walks of life endure the hardships caused by the coronavirus and the subsequent shutdowns. However, liberals are using this money to support their own little pet projects and causes too. via Fox News: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is spending millions on free college for more than 600,000 essential workers. Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell agreed to spend $629,000 to hire 15 community relations specialists. Democratic St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter recently announced a guaranteed income program for low-income families using $300,000 in CARES Act money but has received pushback from a fellow Democrat. Earlier in September, Rep. Betty McCollum, D-Minn., wrote a letter to Carter expressing concern that the spending fell outside of federal guidelines and could be subject to recoupment by the U.S. Treasury. https://twitter.com/MayorCarter/status/1301936145585106944 It’s not at all surprising to see liberals take money that was supposed to be designated to help folks struggling in the wake of the pandemic closures for things they’ve always wanted to have the money to put in motion. What’s maddening is these same officials are already standing in line, hands out, begging for more money because there isn’t enough to actually help people in their communities because they misappropriated the…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

 
Send this to a friend