Connect with us

News

WATCH: Colbert Offers Clinton a ‘Do Over’ On Lewinsky Questions, Here’s What Happened

Yuck.

Published

on

Earlier this week, former President Bill Clinton spoke with NBC and during this interview he was asked if he felt he owed Monica Lewinsky an apology for the whole sex scandal debacle.

Can you guess what his answer was?

If you said a big, fat no, then you’ve won the prize, which is a pat on the back and fifty gold stars.

Trending: Police Officer Is Viciously Beaten Trying to Make Arrest, Man Films & Laughs — Video

As you might imagine, this caused a bit of backlash and pushback, especially from women — including several who have previously accused Clinton of sexual assault — but never fear, Stephen Colbert is here!

take our poll - story continues below

Trump or Biden, who will win?

  • Why wait until November 3? Show all of America who you're voting for in 2020  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Clinton has since made an appearance on Colbert’s show, where he offered the former commander-in-chief a “do over” and practically spoon fed the answers to him, quite clearly attempting to rehabilitate his image after the gaffe.

Ben Shapiro breaks it down.

On Tuesday evening, CBS’ Stephen Colbert offered former president Bill Clinton a second chance at redemption after Clinton botched a question from NBC’s Craig Melvin about Monica Lewinsky on NBC’s Today. Melvin asked Clinton, “Looking back on what happened then, through the lens of #MeToo now, do you think differently or feel more responsibility?” Clinton shot back angrily, “No. I felt terrible then, and I came to grips with it.” He then said he had apologized to “everybody in the world” but didn’t owe Lewinsky a special apology. “The apology was public,” Clinton stated. He added, “Nobody believes I got out of that for free. I left the White House $16 million in debt. But you typically have ignored gaping facts in describing facts, and I bet you don’t even know them.” Then Clinton talked about how he was pro-abortion.

Colbert began by saying he always enjoyed his conversation with Clinton. He then asked pleadingly, “I noticed you did not enjoy that entire interview. I want you to enjoy this one, but I do want to ask you something. Which is, when I got home last night on the CNN they had a lower-third banner that said something about ‘William Clinton’s tone-deaf response to the question on the Today Show.’ My question is, would you like a do-over on that answer? Do you understand why some people thought that was a tone-deaf response to his question on the #MeToo movement, and how you might reflect on your behavior 20 years ago, and how that reflection may change based on what you’ve learned from the #MeToo movement?”

Clinton responded, “When I saw the interview, I thought that, because they had to distill it, it looked like I was saying I didn’t apologize, and I had no intention to. And I was mad at me – not for the first time…Here is what I want to say: It wasn’t my finest hour.” Clinton went on to say that he “apologized to my family, to Monica Lewinsky and her family and the American people. I mean it then, I mean it now. I have had to live with the consequences every day since. I still believe this #MeToo movement is long overdue, necessary, and should be supported.”

A few minutes into the interview, Colbert finally asked a real question, “If I could, I would think that some of the reason that people saw that interview and thought it was tone-deaf…is that you seemed surprised that that question would come up, that somehow that this had all been adjudicated in the past and there was no reason to talk about it again, when it seems like the spirit of the #MeToo movement is it doesn’t matter how long ago it happened…It seemed tone-deaf to me because you seemed offended to be asked about this thing when, with all due respect sir, your behavior was the most famous example of a powerful man sexually misbehaving in the workplace of my lifetime.”

Clinton responded by stating, “The question had been asked…in this context. And I didn’t mind at all. I didn’t like this one because it started with an assertion that I had never apologized.

Wow. Just wow.

Colbert really seemed to bend over backwards to accommodate Clinton and provide him with an opportunity to sort of walk back his earlier comment, which was quite telling in that it revealed what he really thought about the scandal all these years later.

It’s amazing how willing the mainstream media is to ignore and overlook the wickedness of the folks in their own camp, all to save face and continue pushing their own agenda. It’s sickening and gross on every level.

Source: The Daily Wire

Save conservative media!

News

DOJ Making Moves To Break Up Google, Calling It The ‘Most Important Antitrust Case In A Generation’

Published

on

The Department of Justice is moving to file an antitrust lawsuit against Big Tech company Google on Tuesday after a very thorough investigation was launched into the company over alleged monopolistic behavior. This lawsuit will allege that Google has been engaging in practices deemed to be “anticompetitive” in order to help insulate and protect its search and search-advertising businesses, according to a source from the Justice Department. via Daily Wire: Google has frozen out competitors through contracts between the tech giant and browsers, carriers, and mobile phone manufacturers that give Google such prime standing as the default search engine across a variety of platforms as to bar any competitors from beginning to compete with the tech giant. Googles search queries make up roughly 80% of all those in the U.S. Google has argued in the past that billions of people choosing to use its product every day is evidence of the company’s competitive edge, not monopolistic behavior. The legal battle between the tech giant and the U.S. government is likely to span years. The lawsuit follows an investigation into the company that lasted for more than a year and took place in a wider investigation into Silicon Valley tech giants for alleged anticompetitive practices. The president himself has been among the most ardent voices speaking out about the monopolistic behavior of tech companies like Google, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as drawing attention to their censorship of conservative views. Some of Trump’s most loyal supporters, like Sen. Josh Hawley, were very pleased to hear about the lawsuit. “Today’s lawsuit is the most important antitrust case in a generation. Google and its fellow Big Tech monopolists exercise unprecedented power over the lives of ordinary Americans, controlling everything from the news we read to the security of our most personal information,” the…

Continue Reading

News

Trump Tells Barr To ‘Act Fast’ And ‘Appoint Somebody’ To Look Into Hunter Biden Business Dealings

Published

on

President Donald Trump told Attorney General William Barr on Tuesday that he needs to “act” and “appoint somebody” to start digging into Hunter Biden’s rather shady business dealings. The urging comes after almost a dozen GOP House members have been suggesting the president tap a special counsel to launch an investigation into all of the alleged documentation and information that was recently pulled from a water damaged laptop believed to have belonged to the younger Biden. The president mentioned all of this during an interview on “Fox & Friends” Tuesday morning where he slammed Joe Biden and his son saying he “walked around like a vacuum.” via Fox News: “This is the laptop from hell,” Trump said. “Even if he didn’t get all of this money, you can’t go to China and have the son walk out with $1.5 billion. … You can’t go to Ukraine with $83,000 a month. … You can’t get $3.5 million from the mayor of Moscow’s wife.” “And you didn’t have a job before your father was vice president,” Trump continued. “You can’t go and go with your father and every stop you make, you pick up $1 billion.” He added: “The vice president got a kickback, and everybody knows it, and they’ve known it a long time.” One of the emails that supposedly belongs to Hunter Biden, which was obtained by Fox News, is dated for May 13, 2017, and includes talk of “renumeration packages” for six different individuals involved in a business deal with a Chinese energy company. According to the message, Hunter Biden is the “Chair/Vice Chair depending on an agreement with CEFC,” which was a reference to the now-bankrupt CEFC China Energy Company. That same message also contains a note that says “Hunter has some office expectations he will elaborate.” There’s…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week