Connect with us

News

WATCH: North Carolina Man Wins $344 Million Jackpot, & His Hilarious Story Will Have You Smiling

TOO GOOD!

John Salvatore

Published

on

Try not to be distracted by the dancing girl in the background as this North Carolina man explains his story after learning he just won a $344 million lottery jackpot.

If nothing else, Charles W. Jackson Jr. should put a big smile on your face.

With all the craziness going on in the world, here’s a two-minute break we all need.

Trending: There Is Evidence That Does NOT Support Criminal Charge of Cop In Floyd’s Death, Says County Prosecutor

WATCH:

Already retired and now has more money than he could spend in 10 lifetimes.

Not a bad gig, if you can get it.

News & Record has more:

Jackson, 66 and retired, had won the largest lottery jackpot in North Carolina history. He opted to take the lump-sum payout option of $223 million, which after state and federal taxes will net him $158 million.

[…]

Jackson said he would donate money to three charities — St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Shriners Hospital for Children and the Wounded Warrior Project — and take a trip to Vietnam, where his wife is from. Other than that, he doesn’t have any plans.

[…]

Powerball tickets are sold in 44 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, but Jackson bought the only ticket last week that matched all six numbers: 6, 15, 34, 45, 52 and the Powerball 8. The odds of winning are about 1 in 292.2 million.

The store where Jackson purchased the ticket, Carlie C’s IGA in Hope Mills, will receive $50,000.

WOW.

Let’s hear from YOU.

If you wound up taking home $158 million from the state lottery, what’s your next move?

Retire? Vacation? Pay off debt?

Get a Ferrari? A yacht?

Buy an entire island, name it after yourself and declare it a liberal-free zone?

The sky is the limit.

Have at it.

Consider this an open thread…

Save conservative media!

News

Liberal Legal Scholar Slams Twitter Over Censoring Trump; Declares ‘Free Speech’ Ultimate ‘Loser’

Published

on

Jonathan Turley, a constitutional law scholar recently warned that Twitter’s choice to fact-check and hide certain tweets from President Trump threatens the concept of free speech in the Unites States. Turley, a liberal, published a blog Friday that said, “Twitter is now making the case for government action to monitor and control social media. The ultimate loser will be free speech.” Thursday night, President Trump reacted to some of the violence and looting happening in the city of Minneapolis over the death of George Floyd, calling those responsible for the chaos “thugs” and threatened to cut loose the military in the city to get control over the situation. In a now hidden tweet, Trump said, “When the looting starts, the shooting starts.” Twitter then hid the tweet, requiring users to click an arrow in order for it to be seen, stating that it broke the rules by “glorifying violence.” Here’s more from The Washington Examiner: “I am still leery of the government intervening on social media,” Turley wrote. “Free speech has few advocates in this fight. It is primary a struggle between Twitter, Trump, and the Democrats over who controls such speech.” Turley said he did not agree with the content of Trump’s tweets about the Minneapolis protesters but that they should not be censored. “Twitter had the chance to admit error and return to neutrality in the interest of free speech. It is clearly more concerned with expressing its views than preserving its forum,” he said. “Frankly, I would not care about such self-inflicted wounds except that free speech will likely suffer the collateral damage from Twitter’s glorifying speech controls.” Turley is right. Twitter has had plenty of opportunities over the last few years to change their strategies involving the engagement of content posted to their site. Instead, they…

Continue Reading

News

Twitter Tags White House Tweet With Warning Label Over Message It Says Broke Rules About ‘Glorifying Violence’

Published

on

Twitter continues to go at it with President Trump, even after he signed an executive order that labeled social media platforms as publishers, thus opening them up to lawsuits over silencing opinions. The White House poked Twitter and basically dared them to put a warning label on the president’s tweet concerning the violence in Minneapolis over the death of George Floyd for a second time. They did. One would think that Twitter would get the message, but they aren’t. Guess they’ll have to get sued a bunch and lose a lot of money before they finally understand that folks, especially the president, aren’t going to take the censorship anymore. Here are more details from The Washington Examiner: Twitter said the White House account “violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence” after it repeated a tweet from the president that called the protesters “THUGS” and implied they could be shot. This happened after Trump first posted the tweet on his personal account early Friday morning, and Twitter placed a warning label on it. https://twitter.com/JTHVerhovek/status/1266363516153364480 “These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen,” the tweet read. “Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!” Twitter didn’t remove the tweets posted by the White House and from Trump’s account, but they are hidden and require users to click an arrow in order for them to be seen. There is a message placed over the tweets that says: “This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible.” As you can see, liberals…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

 
Send this to a friend