Connect with us

Wire

Watch: Ted Cruz Erupts, Slams His Fists on Podium When Left-Wing Reporter Whines About Masks

Western Journal

Published

on

Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz wants to know one thing: Why are reporters only concerned when Republicans aren’t wearing masks?

During a news conference Tuesday, Cruz slammed his fists on the podium and lambasted a PBS reporter who asked him about why he didn’t have a facial covering on, even though he was speaking.

Cruz noted, too, that White House officials — including President Joe Biden and Press Secretary Jen Psaki — didn’t wear facial coverings at the podium, either.

Of course, mask hypocrisy from the media is nothing new — something we’ve pointed out at The Western Journal. We’ll keep on top of the hypocrisy surrounding masking and mask mandates. You can help us highlight the double standard by subscribing.

take our poll - story continues below

Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?

  • Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

According to the U.K. Daily Mail, the move came during a media briefing by Republican senators to discuss Biden’s push for voter rights.

“As far as I know, everyone here has been vaccinated, been double-vaccinated, been boosted,” Cruz said.

“I do know Dr. Fauci’s been all over the map on it. He’s said yes masks, no masks, he’s said, ‘Oh, I lied to the American people because they couldn’t handle it,’” he continued, referencing the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director’s initial recommendation, at the beginning of the pandemic, that people not wear masks.

“At some point, the American people ought to be able to exercise their own freedom and make their decision,” Cruz said.

“And by the way, on the question of hypocrisy, you just asked, you people at the podium are speaking without masks,” Cruz said.

“Just once, I’d like to see a reporter say to Joe Biden when he stands at the damn podium in the White House without a mask, ‘Mr. President, why aren’t you wearing a mask?’” a visibly angry Cruz continued, slamming his fists on the podium.

“Just once, I’d like to see you say to Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, when she stands at the podium with no mask, ‘Ms. Psaki, why don’t you have a mask?’ The questions are only directed at one side, and I got to say the American people see the hypocrisy.”

During that portion of the news conference, Cruz slammed his hands on the podium.

Cruz added that “there’s been wild hypocrisy from the Biden administration when it comes to COVID policies, whether mask mandates where Joe Biden rightly said we shouldn’t have mandates, whether vaccine mandates where Joe Biden said we shouldn’t have vaccine mandates. As far as I know, everyone here has been vaccinated, been double-vaccinated, been boosted.”

It’s also worth noting that, given the current omicron strain, regular masking isn’t necessarily effective, a virus researcher from Virginia Tech told NPR. And, as one person on Twitter noted:

This isn’t the first time that Cruz has gone after reporters over masking. In March of last year, when a reporter asked him to put one on, he told them, “You’re welcome to step away if you like.”



And, of course, neither President Biden nor anyone around him gets in trouble when they don’t mask up.



PBS, presumably, wasn’t as concerned about any of this.

That’s why Cruz went scorched-earth — and he had every reason to.

After all, if it weren’t for double standards — both on masking and on everything else — the left and the media wouldn’t have any standards at all.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Wire

Florida Man Sentenced for Brutally Slaying Teen After He ‘Violated’ Islamic Faith

Western Journal

Published

on

A 21-year-old resident of Palm Beach County, Florida, received a life imprisonment sentence Thursday for carrying out a deadly 2018 knife attack at a sleepover.

Corey Johnson was convicted in November 2021 of first-degree homicide for the murder of 13-year-old Jovanni Sierra and two counts of attempted murder, according to WPTV-TV.

Johnson carried out the stabbing attacks when he was over at a BallenIsles Country Club residence for a March 12, 2018, sleepover as 15-year old Kyle Bancroft’s guest.

He slit Sierra’s throat at the house and wounded Kyle’s 13-year-old brother, Dane Bancroft, and mother, Elaine Simon, by stabbing them multiple times.

take our poll - story continues below

Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?

  • Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

He slit 13-year old Jovanni Sierra’s throat that day, citing his faith in Islam, according to WPTV. Johnson believed that Sierra idolizing public figures went against his Islamic beliefs. The then-17-year-old also thought that Dane, whom he stabbed 32 times, made fun of Islam, according to WPTV.

Dane and Simon both survived the stabbings, though Simon had been stabbed over a dozen times.

Before the attack, according to The Palm Beach Post, Johnson sent some pictures to a Muslim girl with whom he seemed to have formed a relationship over the internet.

Before the homicide, Johnson, according to the arrest affidavit, read the Quran on his phone “to give him courage to carry out his intentions.”

Johnson’s lawyers implored the jury to find him not guilty of the charges by reason of insanity during his trial. The attorneys told the court that Johnson suffered from depression, took medications such as Zoloft and engaged in activities such as watching Islamic State group videos that rendered him “psychotic and delusional.”

The Islamic State terrorist group is notorious for its gruesome propaganda videos featuring uncensored executions such as beheadings and burning people alive.

They release such footage on their Telegram, Element and RocketChat handles to terrorize Western audiences by demonstrating how extreme the militants can go to advance their agenda of establishing a worldwide Islamic caliphate.

The Islamic State group also releases footage of their executions to motivate Muslims who feel politically suffocated or discriminated against in the West to carry out attacks against non-Muslims.

Johnson’s relatives also told cops that dictators such as Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin had fascinated Johnson, according to WPTV.

Johnson apologized for his actions during his Thursday sentencing.

“I took the life of an innocent 13-year-old boy in the most heinous and cowardly way possible,” Johnson said, according to the Post.

“I wish I could take it back. I wish I could do something to make this right,” he stated, WPTV reported. “But I do want to apologize, not because it will change anything, but because I really, truly am sorry.”

“I am truly in disbelief that I could have done something so terrible. That’s not who I am, and I’m not a violent person,” Johnson said.

According to True Crime Daily, Johnsons’s attorneys requested the sentence to be 40 years’ imprisonment. Circuit Judge Cheryl Caracuzzo declined.

“I do not think rehabilitation is likely,” Caracuzzo told Johnson during the sentencing, according to the Post.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

A 21-year-old resident of Palm Beach County, Florida, received a life imprisonment sentence Thursday for carrying out a deadly 2018 knife attack at a sleepover. Corey Johnson was convicted in November 2021 of first-degree homicide for the murder of 13-year-old Jovanni Sierra and two counts of attempted murder, according to WPTV-TV. Johnson carried out the stabbing attacks when he was over at a BallenIsles Country Club residence for a March 12, 2018, sleepover as 15-year old Kyle Bancroft’s guest. He slit Sierra’s throat at the house and wounded Kyle’s 13-year-old brother, Dane Bancroft, and mother, Elaine Simon, by stabbing them multiple times. He slit 13-year old Jovanni Sierra’s throat that day, citing his faith in Islam, according to WPTV. Johnson believed that Sierra idolizing public figures went against his Islamic beliefs. The then-17-year-old also thought that Dane, whom he stabbed 32 times, made fun of Islam, according to WPTV. Dane and Simon both survived the stabbings, though Simon had been stabbed over a dozen times. Before the attack, according to The Palm Beach Post, Johnson sent some pictures to a Muslim girl with whom he seemed to have formed a relationship over the internet. Before the homicide, Johnson, according to the arrest affidavit, read the Quran on his phone “to give him courage to carry out his intentions.” Johnson’s lawyers implored the jury to find him not guilty of the charges by reason of insanity during his trial. The attorneys told the court that Johnson suffered from depression, took medications such as Zoloft and engaged in activities such as watching Islamic State group videos that rendered him “psychotic and delusional.” The Islamic State terrorist group is notorious for its gruesome propaganda videos featuring uncensored executions such as beheadings and burning people alive. They release such footage on their Telegram, Element…

Continue Reading

Wire

Ex-Palace Guard Says Predator Ghislaine Maxwell ‘Had an Intimate Relationship with Prince Andrew’

Western Journal

Published

on

The prince and the procurer may have had a history, according to new reports.

Former palace guard Paul Page linked socialite Ghislaine Maxwell — who has been convicted of sex trafficking as part of late financier Jeffrey Epstein’s sordid dealings with underage girls — with Prince Andrew, saying that she was continually “in and out” of Buckingham Palace at one time, according to the New York Post.

Page’s comments are part of a documentary titled “Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the Pedophile,” which airs Tuesday on Britain’s ITV.

Page dated the era of Maxwell’s comings and goings as occurring in 2001, which is the same year that Andrew is immortalized in a snapshot with Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who has alleged she had sex with the prince while underage, at Maxwell’s behest. Prince Andrew has denied the allegation.

take our poll - story continues below

Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?

  • Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“From the way she was allowed to enter and exit the palace at will, we realized — suspected — that she may have had an intimate relationship with Prince Andrew,” Page said.

“A colleague of mine remembered her coming in four times in one day. She kept coming in and out, in and out,” Page said.

Page is not the only one to plumb the depths of the relationship between the prince and Maxwell.

A banker friend of Maxwell’s who socialized with the now-disgraced group shared the sentiment.

“I got the sense that Prince Andrew and Ghislaine had probably been girlfriend and boyfriend in the past,” banker Euan Rellie said in the documentary, according to the U.K.’s Telegraph.

“They had an easy warmth around each other,” he said.

Rellie recalled being invited to a dinner party at Epstein’s New York mansion by Maxwell, who allegedly said the party was “for my friend Prince Andrew.”

“She described Andrew as being her friend, not Jeffrey’s,” Rellie recalled.

In a bit of theater, ITV’s Ranvir Singh is shown in the documentary dialing a number she said was in a black book of numbers belonging to Epstein and Maxwell.

According to ITV, the entry was for “Duke of York” with a Buckingham Palace address, as well as others frequented by the royal family.

“Hello, I think this might be Prince Andrew,” Singh said on camera, before playing it to the hilt by leaving a message.

“We found your number on the little black book and we’d like to have a chat with you,” she said.

Despite the prince’s denial of Giuffre’s allegations, he was recently stripped of his royal title.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

The prince and the procurer may have had a history, according to new reports. Former palace guard Paul Page linked socialite Ghislaine Maxwell — who has been convicted of sex trafficking as part of late financier Jeffrey Epstein’s sordid dealings with underage girls — with Prince Andrew, saying that she was continually “in and out” of Buckingham Palace at one time, according to the New York Post. Page’s comments are part of a documentary titled “Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the Pedophile,” which airs Tuesday on Britain’s ITV. Page dated the era of Maxwell’s comings and goings as occurring in 2001, which is the same year that Andrew is immortalized in a snapshot with Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who has alleged she had sex with the prince while underage, at Maxwell’s behest. Prince Andrew has denied the allegation. “From the way she was allowed to enter and exit the palace at will, we realized — suspected — that she may have had an intimate relationship with Prince Andrew,” Page said. A new ITV documentary exposes details of Prince Andrew and Maxwell’s friendship https://t.co/icnkJiDgRr pic.twitter.com/Bii0ni9nnt — The Mirror (@DailyMirror) January 17, 2022 “A colleague of mine remembered her coming in four times in one day. She kept coming in and out, in and out,” Page said. Page is not the only one to plumb the depths of the relationship between the prince and Maxwell. A banker friend of Maxwell’s who socialized with the now-disgraced group shared the sentiment. “I got the sense that Prince Andrew and Ghislaine had probably been girlfriend and boyfriend in the past,” banker Euan Rellie said in the documentary, according to the U.K.’s Telegraph. “They had an easy warmth around each other,” he said. Rellie recalled being invited to a dinner party at Epstein’s New York mansion by Maxwell, who allegedly said…

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week