Connect with us

News

WATCH: U.S. Diplomats in China Report Second Incident of Mysterious “Sonic” Attack

The medical indications are very similar, and entirely consistent with, the medical indications that were taking place to Americans working in Cuba.

Published

on

U.S. diplomats in China are reporting symptoms consistent with a bizarre phenomenon labeled a “sonic attack” experienced by diplomats in the newly re-opened American embassy in Havana last year.

On Wednesday, the State Department Travel Twitter account posted this warning for Americans traveling in China:

Trending: Watch: Biden Says He Talks With His Team About COVID-19, Asks ‘Where Do We Do?’

take our poll - story continues below
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

 

A U.S. government employee in China recently reported subtle and vague, but abnormal, sensations of sound and pressure. The U.S. government is taking these reports seriously and has informed its official staff in China of this event. We do not currently know what caused the reported symptoms and we are not aware of any similar situations in China, either inside or outside of the diplomatic community.

Action to Take:

If you have concerns about any symptoms or medical problems that developed during or after a stay in China, consult a medical professional.

While in China, if you experience any unusual acute auditory or sensory phenomena accompanied by unusual sounds or piercing noises, do not attempt to locate their source. Instead, move to a location where the sounds are not present.

In 2016 and 2017, a reported 24 individuals associated with the American embassy experienced similar sensations that only subsided once they had left the country. However, Cuba denies any involvement and the official cause of the bizarre episodes is still officially unknown.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had this to say:

The medical indications are very similar, and entirely consistent with, the medical indications that were taking place to Americans working in Cuba. One incident – we announced it to the workforce while we slept here last night. We have medical teams that are moving to be on the ground there. We are working to figure out what took place both in Havana, and [now] in China as well. We’ve asked the Chinese for their assistance in doing that, and they have committed to honoring their commitments under the Vienna Convention to keep American foreign service officers safe.

It is noteworthy that this news comes amid the back-and-forth between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Trump which resulted in Trump’s canceling the Singapore summit with Kim after the dictator seemed to have a change of heart about his confidence that a nuclear deal could be reached.

The Washington Free Beacon’s Matthew Continetti noted earlier this week that China may have had something to do with Kim’s diplomatic flip-flop.

“In early May, around the same time the hostages were released, Kim flew to Dalian, China, where he met for two days with Xi Jinping. We don’t know what the Chinese dictator and Kim said to each other. But we do know that, by the end of the meeting, the North Korean tyrant was backing away from his gestures of conciliation,” he explains.

“The two governments issued a statement saying North Korea was open to giving up its nuclear weapons “as relevant parties eliminate the hostile policy and security threats” against its government. And in the weeks that followed, North Korea became increasingly belligerent, antagonistic toward key Trump officials, and, according to Mike Pompeo, uncommunicative.”

Since Trump’s cancellation of the meeting, Kim has expressed once again a desire to meet, so we’ll see what happens.

As for the sonic attacks, if they were impossible to prove in Cuba there’s a good chance they’ll be hard to prove in China as well, but it certainly is strange and noteworthy.

 

Save conservative media!

News

FDA Pushes Through Emergency Authorization For Hydroxychloroquine As Coronavirus Treatment

Published

on

It finally looks like there is a ray of hope in the fight against the coronavirus as the Food and Drug Administration has issued an emergency authorization this past weekend for the use of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for the illness that is leaving a swath of devastation wherever it roams. This particular kind of medication is typically used in the treatment of malaria, but when it is paired with azithromycin, has not yet been proven to be effective against the illness in clinical trials, however, there are growing numbers of reports and small studies that indicate it is having a positive impact on those with severe cases. Check out more details from Breitbart: The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued a statement on Sunday: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to BARDA to allow hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate products donated to the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible. HHS also noted that it had “accepted 30 million doses of hydroxychloroquine sulfate donated by Sandoz, the Novartis generics and biosimilars division, and one million doses of chloroquine phosphate donated by Bayer Pharmaceuticals, for possible use in treating patients hospitalized with COVID-19 or for use in clinical trials.” One of the biggest concerns about using this medication to treat this illness with hydroxychloroquine is that there may now be a massive increase in demand for the drug which could lead to a shortage in the supply. In order to curtail that problem, the HHS said, “Use of the donated medications is expected to help ease supply pressures for the drug, and the FDA is also working with…

Continue Reading

News

Maryland Becomes Latest State To Issue Stay-At-Home Order In Battle Against Coronavirus

Published

on

The battle against the coronavirus, an invisible invading force that has ravaged the globe making folks seriously ill and killing those most vulnerable to its effects, continues to rage across the United States and things are getting intense. Many states across the country have opted to put out stay-at-home orders in a bid to prevent the spread of the virus, resulting in many businesses being shut down and other measures that are guaranteed to have a deep economic impact on the local community and the country at large. The latest state to join in on employing these measures is Maryland. Here’s more on this from The Washington Examiner: Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan issued a stay-at-home order on Monday. “We have reached a critical turning point in the fight to stop the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic,” the Republican said during a news conference. “We are no longer asking or suggesting that Marylanders stay at home. We are directing them to do so.” “No Maryland resident should be leaving their home unless it is for an essential job or an essential reason,” Hogan said, adding that buying food and medical reasons are exempt. The state of Maryland seems to be taking the stay-at-home order to a brand new level, seeking to actually use legal action to help enforce it. Individuals who are caught breaking the order could receive a misdemeanor and be subject to a year in prison plus a $5,000 fine. The order goes into full effect Monday evening at 8 P.M. By the end of the day Monday half of the states in America will have one of these orders on the books including California, Alaska, Delaware, Colorado Connecticut, Ohio, Oregon, and many, many others. Some might think the idea of enforcing this kind of order with actual legal…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

 
Send this to a friend