Remember last week when NBC host Megyn Kelly was booted from the network after making some controversial remarks about blackface as part of a person’s Halloween costume? Well, it seems that not everyone is on the same page with NBC’s decision to fire Kelly.
A new poll is reporting that 45 percent of folks surveyed about the action NBC took against Kelly believe it was too harsh.
The poll, which was conducted by The Hollywood Reporter and Morning Consult, was taken several days after NBC host Megyn Kelly made remarks about blackface and Halloween.
The poll noted that 6 percent of respondents said that Kelly’s remarks improved their opinion of her, while 48 percent said that her remarks made “no difference either way.”
The poll also noted that 29 percent of respondents had a “somewhat less favorable” or “much less favorable” view of the network after their decision to cancel the show.
NBC’s action to fire Kelly came even after she issues a public apology for the comments. It was apparently too little, too late.
“You may have heard that yesterday we had a discussion here about political correctness and Halloween costumes. And that conversation turned to whether it is ever OK for a person of one race to dress up as another, a black person making their face whiter or a white person making theirs darker, to make a costume complete,” Kelly explained in a portion of her apology. “I defended the idea, saying as long as it was respectful and part of a Halloween costume it seemed OK. Well, I was wrong and I am sorry.”
Many networks have been falling prey to knee-jerk reactions involving the comments of their staff and folks who work for them. Just look at what happened to Roseanne Barr. Freedom of speech and tolerance for folks who make mistakes is at an all time low. Let’s hope that changes.
Liberal PAC Takes Aim at Fox News with Unforgivable Comparisons
This supercharged hyperbole is continuing to drive our nation apart.
There is no denying that the American media landscape is rife with hyperbole at this point. In fact, it’s hard to witness even a few moments of cable “news” without being completely showered in unbelievable comparisons and outright vitriol in 2021, and this ever-angsty ethos has now found its way out of the newsroom and into politics proper. The latest symptom of this unkempt rage comes to us from a Democratic political action committee who have decided to take aim at Fox News. A recent video by the progressive MeidasTouch PAC calls on viewers to reject the GOP while comparing Republican leaders and Fox News figures to militant preachers and radical clerics, accusing them of fueling “the biggest terror threats.” The fresh 80-second clip, published Sunday, was released in a tweet marking a decade from the killing of the late notorious terrorist leader Osama bin Laden. “Today, the biggest terror threats we face are homegrown, being fueled by GOP leaders and their propaganda networks,” the tweet reads, before calling on “all patriotic Americans” to resign from the GOP. And it gets worse: While flashing images of war and terrorists, the video begins by stating that, “In every country torn by strife, violence, and hardship, men and women are drawn to extremist leaders, promising to take on the enemies of their people.” The video then displays a Confederate flag, Branch Davidian leader David Koresh and Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh. “In America, some of our lost souls respond in a similar way to the call of influential voices,” the clip continues. The video then flashes images featuring Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson, Jeanine Pirro, and Sean Hannity, as well as Fox News contributor Geraldo Rivera. “But instead of militant preachers or radical clerics, every single night in America they can listen…
Joe Rogan Caves to Mainstream Media Over Vaccine Statement
Did the oligarchy just bludgeon free speech at Joe Rogan’s expense?
Joe Rogan is a bit of an anomaly within the media realm, having recreated the way in which many of us consume informative content. Instead of packaging his brand of interview show into a 22-minute or 46-minute standardized slot, Rogan decided to allow for long form, freestyle content, with some episodes pushing well past the three hour mark with even a single guest. This was largely seen as a refreshing boost to the very idea of free speech as it allowed for explanations of positions that would never have been possible within the mainstream media’s allowed portion-size. But when Rogan finally took a deal to bring his massively popular show to Spotify, there were concerns that the program may lose a bit of its freedom, or that it might be subject to peer pressure from the world at large. Those fears may have come true this week. Joe Rogan retracted his comments on Thursday after receiving backlash online for suggesting young, healthy people shouldn’t worry about getting the COVID-19 vaccination. “I am not an anti-vax person,” Rogan said on his popular Spotify podcast “The Joe Rogan Experience.” “In fact, I said I believe they are safe and I encourage many people to take them. I just said if you’re a young healthy person, you don’t need it. Their argument was you need it for other people. But that’s a different conversation. And yes, that makes sense,” he continued. The host continued… Rogan, 53, clarified, “I am not a doctor. I am a f***ing moron. I am a cage-fighting commentator… I am not a respected source of information even for me. But I at least try to be honest about what I am saying.” Vaccine hesitancy has been a bit of an obstacle in our nation’s reopening plan, and some lawmakers are…
Biden’s Jobs Report Crashes to Worst Miss in History, Then He Blames Trump
The latest jobs report is the worst miss of estimated new jobs creation in history, and Joe Biden is desperately...
Donald Trump Praises FEC After Commission Drops Investigation into Stormy Daniels Hush-Money Claims
Here is what the former President had to say about it...
Andrew Cuomo Should Win The Political Darwin Award
Heck, he should probably get a lifetime achievement Darwin Award based on his handling of the CoronaVirus pandemic.
Biden Has Spent Millions to House Unaccompanied Minors Just Since February
The potential amount of the latest contract is more than 13 times the organization's total revenue during 2018
Best of the Week
Opinion6 days ago
GOP Senator Says It’s ‘Time to Move on’ From 2020 Election Claims
News4 days ago
Seattle Residents Alarmed as Night Sky Fills with Mysterious Lights
News4 days ago
Biden Rejects Permit for POW/MIA Patriot Biker Rally, First President in 30 Years to Deny
News5 days ago
Congratulations, Democrats, Survey Finds All the Worst States for Business are Blue
Opinion6 days ago
New Yorkers Rage After Bill De Blasio Brings Them Back to Work
News6 days ago
Philippines Foreign Minister Issues Profane Threat to China via Twitter
Opinion5 days ago
New Report Exposes Larger Lies by Cuomo in Regard to Nursing Home Scandal
Opinion3 days ago
Tokyo Woke No Mo’: IOC Bans BLM Apparel for Olympics
News2 days ago
New York Court Tells Woman to Get Rid of Confederate Flag Garden Rock or Lose Her Daughter
Opinion4 days ago
Friends of Giuliani Want Trump to Help Rudy with Insurmountable Legal Debt
Opinion4 days ago
Fishy Bureau of Investigation
News3 days ago
Ron DeSantis Trolls Mainstream Media with Bill Signing Stunt